As some of you have seen in earlier posts I received a chest freezer for my birthday from my fiancÚ. It's keezer time. I purchased the Johnson thermo control system(the one that just plugs between the wall and the keezer rather than rewiring the cooling setup). Went to home depot and got a 1x8 pine. They cut the lengths I needed as well. Nifty. I also picked up a square of 1+1/2 inch foam board insulation. For adehesive I picked up liquid nails silicone adhesive. And for a nice touch after final cuts and before gluing....stain and polyurethane walnut satin.
I figure this will take about a week since I work all day and next weekend is jam packed with things off the Honey Do list and things I am being dragged to.
I am also planning on building a wheel cart.
Updates will be posted. And please leave me any tips or feedback.
I got the insulation and 1x8s cut. Next comes the stain. I added another 1x8 cut to make a sandwich of insulation on the side for my taps. This way I won't crack the insulation when I tighten the taps in.
I started using the stain and polyurethane last night. Of course I had to include beer in at least one of the pics. This stuff is not forgiving at all if anything is on the wood. Whether it is hair or a little spec of saw dust, you see it times 50 when you coat the wood. I think I need 1 or 2 more coats. Dries fast too.
I didn't like how the poly finish combo looked after it dried. So I went back to the drawing board. Got one pint of stain red oak and some poly. Bought another 10 footer 1x8 and made the cuts. Coated the boards. Gotta say I like it better. They look very rustic. Almost fits perfectly in a wild west bar fashion.