Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Florida HomeBrew Forum > Ft. Myers, Looking for good beer store

Old 03-21-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
t-dog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Ft. Myers, Looking for good beer store

I'm on my way to Ft. Myers/Sanibel island. Are there any good beer stores in that area. Since my home state (VT) doesn't sell beer over 8%, I always look for a store that sells Barley Wine and other high octane brews while away.

Cheers,
Todd

Old 03-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
McCall St. Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've been to Sanibel many times, but I have never really noticed any good beer stores there. To tell the truth, I've never really looked while I was there. There are two supermarkets, Jerry's on Periwinkle and Bailey's on Tarpon Bay Road that have liquor departments. Huxter's on Periwinkle also sells beer, but I don't know if they have anything other than BMC there.

The best beer I have had in a restaurant there was a Key West (well, acutally it was two, but who's counting?) at Doc Ford's.

There used to be a brewpub on Sanibel, but unfortunately they closed a few years ago. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Old 03-23-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
t-dog
Recipes 

I had a long layover while flying down here and did a little research. I found a place called Total Wine which has a HUGE selection of wine, as well as a great selection of beers/spirits. Its located in Ft. Myers, but was on the way from the airport to the island.

I ended up getting some barleywines and others. Last night I had Harviestoun Old Engine Oil. An excellent brew.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
tonylama25
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Hangar 41 Winery and Brew Shop
& Time To Make Wine
10970 South Cleveland Ave #304
Fort Myers, FL 33907

239-542-8466

Pretty good selection. Onsite Milling. Fresh Yeast and Hops. GREAT customer service!

Support Local Business!