Bayou SQ14 Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chask31

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking into buying this. I have an update international (megapot) 20 gal. It is really wide. I am assuming that will not be a problem.

I read somewhere that this model has some that come with a stainless hose or something instead of rubber and that is preferable. I couldn't find the thread again. Is this true? Why is stainless preferable to rubber? Is this still the burner of choice around here?

I just dont want to brew indoors. Its too hot!

Also, it is on Amazon for $49.95 with free shipping for those interested.

1. Some of the SQ-14's come with the SS braid covered hose and some don't. Probably the newer stock has the SS hose. The braid is nothing more than a protective cover for the rubber hose inside. It's supposed to add to the durability, resistance to cuts/abrasions etc, but it really isn't a big deal at all. Mine doesn't have the SS style hose and it's been working just fine for years. Either type of hose will work well for you I am sure.

2. Your Megapot will work beautifully with that buner. IMO, both the burner and the kettle were good choices.

3. You are worrying too much. Relax!

I bought mine from an ACE Hardware a few years back and it came with a SS braided hose. It has served me well and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Great choice, you will be happy you did.

Just fired up a batch last night with my SQ14, and MAN is it awesome :rockin:

I bought mine off amazon 6 months ago and it has a stainless hose. Btw it heats 10 gallon batches in my keggle perfectly.

Amazon, 2.5 years ago, SS braid on hose. Paid around $45-50. Worked like a champ ever since, great burner.

Back