Okay so the wife got tired of the seamlessly never ending supply of bottles taking over the garage and gave me approval to convert the garage fridge into a kegarator. It's your standard height fridge with the freezer on top and the plastic pull out drawers on bottom for fruits and veggies.
Here's my plan:
1) Empty the fridge including the shelves.
2) Drill a hole in the left wall of the fridge (left if you are facing it) large enough for the shank.
3) Attach Shank and tighten it down.
4) Attach the High 69 CO2 regulator directly to the 5lb Alluminum CO2 tank.
5) Attach the hose coming out of the regulator to the input on the keg.
6) Attach the hose from the shank to the output on the keg.
7) Pressurize to 30lbs and bleed out the air.
8) Leave at 30lbs for 1 week.
9) After 1 week drop pressure to 11lbs.
10) Drink and enjoy.
Am I missing anything obvious? I'm planning on using this
kit from Kegcowboy. I can get a referb keg from my LHBS, I may still replace the rings for good measure though.