Well, it's all in, 10 Qts total volume.
Here is the recipe I used and I have a couple of questions
2 Gal batch w/ blow off tube
• 6 Lbs. light clover honey
• 5 Lbs. whole frozen strawberries - Pureed
• WLP720 Sweet Mead Yeast (Made starter of 1/4c honey and 3/4 Qt water and a pinch of yeast nutrients, let yeast work for approx 18 hours)
• 1 Quart Welch's White Grape Juice – 100% juice
• 1 tsp of yeast nutrients in the must
• 1/2 Gal water to start honey in pot
• Brought must to 160 then added strawberries, removed from heat
• ~3/4 Gal water to top off fermenter to approx. 10 Qts.
OG was approx 1.114-1.116 but it's so hard to tell
So my questions are
1) Since I don't know my FG target, how can I tell when to add more nutrients, at or before the 1/3 mark hopefully?
2) My yeast starter never showed any signs of activity before I pitched it, am I hosed?
3) Should I add more strawberries during secondary?
Thanks in advance