The beginnings of Brew McQ - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > The beginnings of Brew McQ

Old 06-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
brewmcq
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Houlton, ME
Liked 534 Times on 366 Posts

I'm in the process of finally getting off my butt and getting my indoor brewery set up.

Currently, I'm brewing in the garage over a turkey fryer. My goal is to transition to a modest electric system so I can brew in my basement year-round.

Some pix:

Storage shelves so far. They are going to change around at some point.. go higher up, etc. That's my messy wood shop to the left and messier storage space to the right. Both those places will be getting doors of some sort.

The view from the basement stairs. The brew bench is going to go under that window.

Conditioned beer storage fridge (a 1940s vintage fridge... it's mint). To the right of that, I'm going to wall in that raised area which will be my ferment chamber.

I need a big utility sink, which will go to the immediate right of the stairs and run some electric... but I'm not going to post anything even remotely electric-oriented here... lol

What do YOU want out of this hobby? It's your hobby. Do it the way YOU want to do it. Don't depend on the rest of us to tell you how to do it.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
bellecitybrewer

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Franksville, WI

looks very promising!

Old 06-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
brewmcq

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Houlton, ME

Thanks, BCB! I'm looking forward to what comes out of it all. :-)

What do YOU want out of this hobby? It's your hobby. Do it the way YOU want to do it. Don't depend on the rest of us to tell you how to do it.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
JuanMoore

Recipes 

Oct 2009
The Old Pueblo
Liked 3736 Times on 3549 Posts

Looks like a good start, and I look forward to seeing the progress. I wish I had that sort of space to work with.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
brewmcq

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Houlton, ME

Thank Juan!

We'd earmarked the space for something different, but really like the idea of having all my brew stuff inside.

With patience, perhaps your brew space will arrive as well!

Cheers!

Old 06-18-2011, 05:34 AM   #6
gr84x4
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Reno, NV
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Good luck. Post lots of pics.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
ScottA
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Bowling Green, KY

Looks like it will be a cool place for your brewery. Can't wait to see the updates!

Old 06-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
brewmcq

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Houlton, ME

Thanks Scott, me too. :-)

Although, Pub and Brewery both just got put on the back burner.. my uncle got a moose permit, so we're in the process of amassing moose hunting gear.

Nothing better than a home brew with a mooseburger... even if I'm going to be stuck with 5 gallon batches for now.. lol

Old 03-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
brewmcq

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Houlton, ME

After a healthy dose of Real Life took everything over, Brew McQ is back on track... bigger and better.. stay tuned..

Old 03-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #10
pannell77
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts

good luck and be sure to get those photos up