Bachelor week 2011 kicks off with a bang. - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Bachelor week 2011 kicks off with a bang.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
JLW

Recipes 

Jun 2010
Richmond, VA
Liked 43 Times on 43 Posts

My wife and kids make and annual trip to visit family in WV and OH. It's "sad" that I save my vacation for beach week and other vacations and I am unable to attnd these execursions and am forced to stay behind and fend for myself. Truly a sad week.

On tap for the weekend plans are:

Brew IPA on Friday and a hefe on Saturday and bottle my saison. Smoke a bunch of cigars and chill. Then play as many round of golf starting on Sunday.

My wife is awesome for giving me this annual break.

Primary: 12-12-12 Wee Heavy, Stone Ruination Clone, Bell's Better brow Ale Clone and Saison d'Hiver
Secondary:
Botteled: All Columbus IPA, Chocolate Peppermint Baltic Porter, Ewalds Altbier, Hopslam Clone, Scottish Strong Ale, Fine Creek Saison, Not so Pale Pale Ale, Double Chocolate Oatmeal Imperial Stout
Kegged: Indian Brown Ale

Old 06-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2188 Times on 765 Posts

That is pretty awesome. Enjoy!

Register Now!

Old 06-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
foyt20
Recipes 

Aug 2006

I have a bachelor half week coming up. Its during the work week though, so I dont get to go play golf. Gonna drink some home brew, surprise her by cleaning the house to gain favor for all of the "mess" i have been making with brewing (The stove, counter tops and floor have never looked better), and maybe, just maybe, head to the local poker room to play for a couple hours.

Enjoy your week too!

In Primary:
Peace Java Coffee Stout

In Bottle:
Autumn Amber Ale
Raspberry Wheat

Old 06-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
JLW

Recipes 

Jun 2010
Richmond, VA
Liked 43 Times on 43 Posts

Yeah, I always clean the house. Try to go through and re-organize the messes that get made from the busy school years and sports seasons.

The funny thing is the first 3 or 4 days are awesome then I start to miss the noise of the kids.

15 min into my IPA boil and I have botteled my saison.

@ foyt, enjoy your 1/2 week as well.

Primary: 12-12-12 Wee Heavy, Stone Ruination Clone, Bell's Better brow Ale Clone and Saison d'Hiver
Secondary:
Botteled: All Columbus IPA, Chocolate Peppermint Baltic Porter, Ewalds Altbier, Hopslam Clone, Scottish Strong Ale, Fine Creek Saison, Not so Pale Pale Ale, Double Chocolate Oatmeal Imperial Stout
Kegged: Indian Brown Ale

Old 06-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4781 Times on 3225 Posts

Hall Pass!!