Suck my citra ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chezzesteak

Reaction score
Recipe Type
Extract
Yeast
Cali 5
Yeast Starter
yes
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Tasting Notes
CITRUS!!!! Slight caramel
took lots of recipes off here and figured i would put in my input. this one i just racked and man oh man is it good. the aroma is like walking in to a citrus grove. very good IPA and will come a staple of tap.

oh crap. heres the recipe. DUH
1# 60 L
6Lbs Extra Light DME
1 oz Cascade - 60 min
1 oz Citra 30 min
1 oz cascade FO
1 oz Citra Dry Hop
Cali 5 from White Labs - in a starter

Steep 60 L at 155 for 45 mins.
bring to boil add all DME
work hop schedule

Ferment at 75 degrees for 14 days
Dry hop after 10 days

Refirg for 2 days

rack into final vessal. i kegged mine. 2 days at 35 PSI

YUMMY and Simple

I used your recipe as a guide for my first non-kit brew tonight. Changed it based on what I could get locally and to try some things out.

1lb 20l
.25 60l

and used Falconers instead of Citra

Otherwise followed recipe. Was hoping for a little caramel flavor with lighter color, might have to just use 20l or 20l + .25 of 40l or even less 60l next time as it is pretty dark. Open for suggestions...

I will try and follow up as time goes on... :)

I was looking for a simple and quick brew I could do in time to take on the upcoming annual Memorial Day weekend camping trip in about a month. This recipe struck me as exactly what I was looking for. A nice clean simple citrusy ipa.

I only changed 2 things. I used 6.6# of golden light LME instead of the DME. And I used the 1332 northwest ale yeast smack pack from Wyeast. It's fermenting vigorously after about 12 hours. Looks to be a winner so far. I'll keep you posted on the results. Thanks for posting!!!

Latest posts

Back