SteamRunner Saison - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty, Fruit, Historical, Other Homebrew Recipes > SteamRunner Saison

Old 08-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
nodson
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Ft. Collins, CO
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you wait for the FG to stabilize you should have no problem with bottle bombs. I was too eager and forgot to check FG.
Bottled:Monstermonnik Belgian Strong, Ohhhh Fudge Christmas Stout , Midnight Harvest Pumpkin Ale
Kegged:
Enjoyed: Anchor Point Pale Ale, All Wheat Need Is Love, Flamingo Island Extra Hard Lemonade, SteamRunner Saison, Shoot the Moon Strawberry Agave Wheat

Old 08-17-2011, 02:33 AM   #12
jcbrewin
Recipes 

Aug 2011
west babylon, ny

well ill continue on as planned then, but wait till fg of 1.000 then seems to bemagic number for this yeast, so what did you prime with normal corn sugar and how much?

Old 08-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
nodson
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Ft. Collins, CO
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just had a pack of bottling sugar. I believe 5 oz.
Bottled:Monstermonnik Belgian Strong, Ohhhh Fudge Christmas Stout , Midnight Harvest Pumpkin Ale
Kegged:
Enjoyed: Anchor Point Pale Ale, All Wheat Need Is Love, Flamingo Island Extra Hard Lemonade, SteamRunner Saison, Shoot the Moon Strawberry Agave Wheat

Old 10-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
crj5000
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Orlando, Florida
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Did you use seedless grapes, or seeded grapes? Would it make a difference with tannin levels? What exactly is a puree? Is it blended to almost a mush, or is it just a few spins with the blender to break open the grapes?

Old 02-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #15
TheWeeb
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2010
Denver, Colorado
Liked 120 Times on 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crj5000 View Post
Did you use seedless grapes, or seeded grapes? Would it make a difference with tannin levels? What exactly is a puree? Is it blended to almost a mush, or is it just a few spins with the blender to break open the grapes?
I would like to revive this thread with the same question. I have a slightly modified version of EdWort's Haus Pale Ale in primary, plan it to secondary on 2-3 pounds of grapes and some dark char oak cubes in an attempt to replicate a chardonnay barrel aging. I am not concerned over the time it would take, as I have three other brews going and can wait until summer to bottle if that is what it takes.

Thoughts?

Up Next: Imperial Rhubarb Wheat
Fermenting:
Enjoying: too many odd bottles to list..