Ivanhoe and Bravo Hop Varieties - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Ivanhoe and Bravo Hop Varieties

Old 07-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #11
keesimps
Recipes 

Nov 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That's good to know and nice that you have options; I guess I'll have to discuss with my LHBS when I go to all-grain and see if he can order some for me... Yes, the hops do get expensive and I know once I start brewing bigger batches and more consistent recipes, that will become more of an issue. What type of requirements minimum order-wise do the hop farmers have?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 AM   #12
barroomhero1234
Recipes 

May 2008
Montreal
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ivanhoe are real nice dry hopped in kegs and the brewery i work at use it as the main hop in our cask beers.

Primary 4: Empty
Bottled: IPA,Belgian Wit, Pale ale,Stout, Sour beer.
Planning: Janets Brown, Northern German Alt, Arrogant bastard Clone+ more yummy beers
I only take a drink on two occasions - when I'm thirsty and when I'm not.
Brendan Behan
Drunken Lullabies Brewery
Slainte!

Old 07-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by keesimps
What type of requirements minimum order-wise do the hop farmers have?
I don't know. When the harvest comes in, I'll check in with Glen at Rising Sun Farms www.coloradoorganichops.com and Jessica at www.flyingsquirrelorganichops.com

I bought my rhizomes from Glen this spring, and he is a member here.

If you find other direct sources for organic hops, please share!

Old 07-19-2011, 12:18 AM   #14
fastricky
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2009
NYC
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

I had a Mikkellar 'Cluster' single-hop IPA recently, and Cluster really blew me away. An excellent hop - spicy, floral, clean. I imagine Ivanhoe would be pretty nice since it's from the same lineage.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #15

California Cluster, Ivanhoe's ancestor, is historically what was used in California Common (steam) beers, right? Now, it's predominantly Northern Brewer, but historically it was Cluster, I think.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:52 AM   #16
Montanaandy
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Montana
Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

We have used Bravo on numerous occasions but in combination with other IIPA hop favs so I can only say that as a blended hop it is great. Never heard of or used Ivanhoe but I am intrigued and must get ahold of some and see what we can come up with.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:09 AM   #17
idahohops
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Wilder, Idaho

I love to see that the bravo is being enjoyed! This hop is from my farm in Idaho. I currently have 18 acres of organic hops Centennial, Cascade, Chinook, Bravo. I need a web page but i have enough trouble keeping inventory.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:14 AM   #18
eulipion2
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2006
Hawley, PA
Liked 81 Times on 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahohops View Post
I love to see that the bravo is being enjoyed! This hop is from my farm in Idaho. I currently have 18 acres of organic hops Centennial, Cascade, Chinook, Bravo. I need a web page but i have enough trouble keeping inventory.
I love Bravo! Just had a SMaSH IPA with Bravo and Maris Otter. Delicious!

Old 07-22-2011, 02:19 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahohops View Post
Wow, small world, Idahohops! Well, I'm glad to have four ounces of your organic Bravo hops! We've just started drinking the IPA I made with them and its lovely, really good. Thank you for growing them, so that I can brew with them!

I've sent you a private message, when you have a moment to respond.

Cheers!

Old 06-06-2016, 06:24 PM   #20
TasunkaWitko
Recipes 

Mar 2014
Chinook, Montana
Liked 281 Times on 198 Posts

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone know where to get Ivanhoe hops now?

I've been searching around, but haven't come up with much; I only need an ounce.

Thanks for any suggestions -

Ron