Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Using a Johnson a419 to control electric/and best way to modify old equipment.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
agezzi
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Using a Johnson a419 to control electric/and best way to modify old equipment.

Ok....few things here. I just built a brutus,but come to find out that i'm stuck in my apartment for one more year. So no brutus . I have my original 10 gallon brew pot and mash tun cooler still that I wont need for the new rig. and would like to stay all grain.

So.. the idea is that I either make a heat stick to help on stove or make an e-kettle to heat water to temp and then to boil. I have an extra a419, can that be used to control one of those two options. plus I have no clue how to do either...If someone has a path to lead me on would be great.

the cons... Being in an apartment I only have 120v to deal with. On top of having no room. Please help if anyone can. I want to do this right, I have basic knowledge of electric. So if I have something that shows detailed step by step then no problems.

I thank any help that's given. Plus I just got in on a group buy, so i have 10lbs of 60 and 50lbs of base malt.(don't want to be wasting that now!)