I find Facebook to be... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I find Facebook to be...

Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 AM   #1
El Pistolero

Recipes 

May 2005
Houston, Baja Oklahoma
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

...totally freaking incomprehensible!

Is it just me? Is it because I'm old? Is it because I'm drunk?

I mean, I used to be fairly computer literate, but I can't figure out how to do anything on this piece of crap site. I don't even think there is really anything to do...it's all just a big scam, like the emperor's new clothes, and arrogant bastard.
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

Old 06-09-2011, 03:50 AM   #2

You're not the only one. I understand the site, and I think it's a useful tool for keeping in contact with old friends or making new business connections, but I don't like the site.

I feel that sites like facebook are only hurting the generation of kids being brought up now. I can't even count how many times I've seen groups of 12-16 year olds sitting at a restaraunt, and every one of them is on their phones. Not one of them is talking to eachother. It's like they can't socialize face to face anymore.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 06-09-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 9078 Times on 7226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suthrncomfrt1884 View Post
You're not the only one. I understand the site, and I think it's a useful tool for keeping in contact with old friends or making new business connections, but I don't like the site.

I feel that sites like facebook are only hurting the generation of kids being brought up now. I can't even count how many times I've seen groups of 12-16 year olds sitting at a restaraunt, and every one of them is on their phones. Not one of them is talking to eachother. It's like they can't socialize face to face anymore.
They're talking to each other; just not verbally.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:46 AM   #4
DesertBrew
Dirty blonde
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Liked 116 Times on 102 Posts

My opinion, be a stalker not a poster. And if you have the idea of posting on FB while drinking run over here and do it instead! We expect the occasional drunken diatribe and keep it in the brother/sisterhood. Over there you may regret it in the morning .

Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #5
r8rphan
Recipes 

Dec 2010
Shingletown, CA
Liked 45 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
They're talking to each other; just not verbally.
That's right... they're talking in 'hormone'

"Beer is living proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
(possibly said by) Ben Franklin (maybe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
Damn, where's my arm?.

"You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friends... but you can't pick your friends nose!"
George Carlin

Old 06-09-2011, 04:54 AM   #6
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8rphan View Post
That's right... they're talking in 'hormone'
More like Mo-Ron...

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 06-09-2011, 05:07 AM   #7
rexbanner

Recipes 

Nov 2008
DC
Liked 98 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertBrew View Post
My opinion, be a stalker not a poster. And if you have the idea of posting on FB while drinking run over here and do it instead! We expect the occasional drunken diatribe and keep it in the brother/sisterhood. Over there you may regret it in the morning .
This spans for all generations. I've hidden literally half my facebook friends stupid posts, and my parents' news feeds are full of embarassing stuff.

Facebook is really a great tool for sending event invites and keeping in touch with people. The downside is a good chunk of your facebook friends are lame.

Crooked Run Brewing: Seek Truth, Cherish Nature

Makers of Red Kolsch, Storm, and Shadow of Truth

Old 06-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #8
pauljmccain
Recipes 

May 2011
St. Louis, Missouri

You're just old.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
El Pistolero

Recipes 

May 2005
Houston, Baja Oklahoma
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljmccain View Post
You're just old.
Thank you...I thought that might be the case, but it's always nice to get confirmation from the peanut gallery.
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

Old 06-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5016 Times on 3386 Posts

I use FB occasionally. The infrequent post of anything interesting or funny, or important. But there was a lot of "crap" being posted by friends and family when it first got started. Lame stuff. Like, do you REALLY want people to know what you are thinking? Most of them have wised up. It's like they have no concept of *PERSONAL* information.

And there are way too many dangerous apps.

But for keep in touch, it's pretty nice. The core is worth using, it's all of the extraneous garbage that you can do that makes it suck.