Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > where to find 30-40amp GFCI cord

Old 06-12-2011, 02:36 AM   #11
Sparky
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I know that Uncle Spike would get it to you, in the style you want, el pronto. Contact him.

But, otherwise, sounds like you are in a hurry, so describe your setup and I can walk you through what to do. But, contact Uncle Spike first.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:16 AM   #12
eric_pwb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I know that Uncle Spike would get it to you, in the style you want, el pronto. Contact him.

But, otherwise, sounds like you are in a hurry, so describe your setup and I can walk you through what to do. But, contact Uncle Spike first.
Spike is all sold out as well... As for other options, I could wire a spa panel inline and just go but 15' or so of 8/3 sjoow or similar, but around here the absolute cheapest a spa panel can be had is $250. The other alternative is the leviton gfi/relay combo discussed here

Swapping to a gfi breaker on my range plug is also not an option, as I live in an apartment, and my breaker sub-panel has no main breaker, so the panel is always live.

So after looking at all the options I could come up with, these cords were by far the best. I am setting up a semi portable two vessel rims system, where the rims is used to heat water on demand for a fly sparge. I need about 12' of cable to get from my range plug to where I am going to be brewing.