Guinness Ice Cream for St. Paddy's day
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Cream
½ vanilla bean
2/3 cup stout of choice, preferably Irish
2 Tablespoons Molasses
1/3 cup Sugar
4 Large yolks
1. Pour milk, cream and vanilla in a pot bring to a boil.
2. Whip stout, molasses, sugar and yolks in a steel bowl. Deflate the beer a bit.
3. Temper the egg mixture with the hot cream. ( Add just a bit of the hot to the eggs, then just a bit more, while stirring constantly, whith a whisk, until you have at least half of it in the bowl. Then dump it back into the pot.)
4. Place back on the stove until it thickens, stirring constantly. About 180 degrees
5. Immediately pour it into another container, chill, spin.
It’s good. Distinctive Guinness flavor.
Be sure to deflate the beer a bit or you’ll get ice crystals in your IC.
Have a green day