Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Cleaning and storage

Old 06-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #1
h22lude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default Cleaning and storage

Just wanting to see what other people do for a cleaning procedure.

I like to clean everything with oxiclean after use and I store most things in a plastic bin to keep it from getting a lot of dust. My fermenters, I soak with oxiclean for a night and stuff the lids in the bucket, rinse thmn good the next day and stack them and store them in a closet.

When I go to use something, it will be clean so I give it a good rinse with water and sanitize as normal.

Do some of you clean after use and then clean again before use? Where do you store stuff?

I like to see what other people do to see if I can improve on what I do.

Kegged: Dunkelweizen, Fizzy yellow beer and Pumpkin Ale

Bottled: Nothing

On my list to brew: Stone IPA and some kind of wit

Old 06-01-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
schoellhorn82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I will usually do a thorough cleaning after i brew. Kettle gets scrubbed and polished with barkeeprs friend. Cooler Mash tun is scrubbed using plastic brush and dish soap. I only use glass carboys for fermentation so ill use an oxiclean soak over night or for 2 days if im feeling lazy. All my blow off tubes get a bleach water soak(oxiclean never seems to get everything in there). As for cleaning before brewing, my stuff is usually clean enough just for a quick rinse out before brewing aside from anything that comes in contact post cool down of wort. I like star san(doesnt stain my equip). Your methods seem fine to me.