The Misfits Of Brewing Science - Page 137 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Old 06-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #1361
Stevo2569

Recipes 

Jan 2011
C-VILLE, Tn
Liked 32 Times on 25 Posts

This is not a mindless dribble thread. It's drunken ramblings and other networkings from TN brewers.

My Brewing Apparatus

Old 06-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #1362
mcnewcp

Recipes 

May 2011
Nashville, TN
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

In case anyone is interested, I posted the results from my Wards Lab report. Here's the link.

Primary: French/American Farmhouse, ECY20 Lambic
Secondary: Flanders Red
Kegged: Brett Cust Citra Pale Ale, Galaxy/HBC342 Wheat IPA
Bottled: Falconers Flight Farmhouse, 1 yr Blueberry Sour, 2 yr Berliner Weisse

Old 07-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #1363
J-Malone

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Dickson, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Question to all those who have participated in the Hop buys thru here......I am in need of a pound of Simcoe and a pound of Citra. I was wondering if anyone had a pound of each that they are willing to part with. I am needing it to be able to brew my GABF entry at Boscoe's. They do not carry them and cannot source them atm. Please let me know ASAP. I am willing to pay a markup and come and get them.

thanks,
John

On Tap: Berlinner Weiss (still...lol), Dickson County Pale, Evil Twin Clone (Hoppy Amber)

Fermenting: McFearless IPA (Apollo/Summit Hop Monster!)

Cold Conditioning: English Pale Ale (Yorkshire Square yeast)

In the queue: Munich Helles, Standard American Lager (My Fizzy, yella beer try), APA (10g split batch using diff yeast), ABA (Hoppy 7-8%, Imperial Janets Brown??? maybe), Saison (using WLP670 American Farmhouse), Terrapin Hop Karma Brown IPA Clone

Old 07-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #1364
mcnewcp

Recipes 

May 2011
Nashville, TN
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You can probably get them from Rebel if all else fails. The last time I was there they had a buttload of citra.

Primary: French/American Farmhouse, ECY20 Lambic
Secondary: Flanders Red
Kegged: Brett Cust Citra Pale Ale, Galaxy/HBC342 Wheat IPA
Bottled: Falconers Flight Farmhouse, 1 yr Blueberry Sour, 2 yr Berliner Weisse

Old 07-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #1365
J-Malone

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Dickson, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnewcp View Post
You can probably get them from Rebel if all else fails. The last time I was there they had a buttload of citra.
That is definitely an option but that would be quite expensive at 3.50 (Citra) and 3.30(simcoe)/oz. Dont really want to come out of pocket $108. Was def looking for a slightly better deal.

But thanks for the suggestion, they were on my radar...

On Tap: Berlinner Weiss (still...lol), Dickson County Pale, Evil Twin Clone (Hoppy Amber)

In the queue: Munich Helles, Standard American Lager (My Fizzy, yella beer try), APA (10g split batch using diff yeast), ABA (Hoppy 7-8%, Imperial Janets Brown??? maybe), Saison (using WLP670 American Farmhouse), Terrapin Hop Karma Brown IPA Clone

Old 07-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #1366
Csuho
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Springfield, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

tom outta cut ya a deal if you buyin a pound of each. Can't you get Karen (I think thats her name the head brewer at Bosco's to get in touch with maybe Linus over at yazoo or Dave at Blackstone I am sure you guys can find 1# of simcoe and citra somewhere.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #1367
J-Malone

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Dickson, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am working on trying to find it. They have some restrictions about what they can get a hold of. I dont think Yazoo uses either one, but Blackstone might use some simcoe.....

I am willing to buy it to make sure the beer is authentic and doesnt have a ton of subs in it. Let em know if you know of anyone who might have some....thanks

Old 07-06-2012, 02:34 AM   #1368
Stevo2569

Recipes 

Jan 2011
C-VILLE, Tn

If you change your hop schedule to hersbrucker and Perle, I got a bunch of that I'll sale you.

My Brewing Apparatus

Old 07-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #1369
J-Malone

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Dickson, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo2569
If you change your hop schedule to hersbrucker and Perle, I got a bunch of that I'll sale you.
Lol....thanks for the offer but I'm not sure my west coast IPA can handle hersbrucker and perle...lol. but I appreciate the thought.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #1370
Stevo2569

Recipes 

Jan 2011
C-VILLE, Tn

Anyone interested in a bunch of hops, yeast and grain for a good deal. Let me know

My Brewing Apparatus