The Misfits Of Brewing Science - Page 127 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Old 04-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #1261
J-Malone

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Dickson, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo2569 View Post
Hardly noticed till last night. Looks worse than it feels. Hands just a little red. Deflesher APA.
HOLY SH*t!!! Were you wearing flip flops or something??? wtf? That looks painful as hell. that is one of the reasons I never use hose barbs. I use QD's and the high temp hose is screwed onto the threads of the camlocks or the 90* street.

opening this up to a contest...Name the APA....

I am going with.....Holy Sh*t, my ankle is melting APA!

On Tap: Berlinner Weiss (still...lol), Dickson County Pale, Evil Twin Clone (Hoppy Amber)

Fermenting: McFearless IPA (Apollo/Summit Hop Monster!)

Cold Conditioning: English Pale Ale (Yorkshire Square yeast)

In the queue: Munich Helles, Standard American Lager (My Fizzy, yella beer try), APA (10g split batch using diff yeast), ABA (Hoppy 7-8%, Imperial Janets Brown??? maybe), Saison (using WLP670 American Farmhouse), Terrapin Hop Karma Brown IPA Clone

Old 04-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #1262
maffewl

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Auburn, Alabama
Liked 38 Times on 27 Posts

We all told him not to use his foot as a boiling wort refractometer.

Digital Temperature Controller build:
Click Here

Bottle Cutter build:
Click Here

Old 04-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #1263
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN
Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

What do you burn apart from witches?

Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #1264
Stevo2569

Recipes 

Jan 2011
C-VILLE, Tn
Liked 32 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Malone

HOLY SH*t!!! Were you wearing flip flops or something??? wtf? That looks painful as hell. that is one of the reasons I never use hose barbs. I use QD's and the high temp hose is screwed onto the threads of the camlocks or the 90* street.

opening this up to a contest...Name the APA....

I am going with.....Holy Sh*t, my ankle is melting APA!
No. Good thing I wasn't wearing flip flops. Would have been worse. It was Bobby's rig. I asked for four hose clamps and recieved two. What's funny is he has two sacks of mcmaster QD's sitting in the shed.

My Brewing Apparatus

Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 AM   #1265
loki4312
Recipes 

Apr 2012

Hello fellow brewers ( or soon to be),
I'm just trying to get started in the brewing world and would love to be able to meet some brew folk in the area. My name is John and I live in Columbia tn. If anyone is interested in being a mentor or just a friend to help me get started and just hang out with good hearted people please send me a message with your name and contact info.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #1266
Csuho
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Springfield, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

ya that does look horrible alot worse than I had pictured it. It might have looked better with flip flops honestly you know it hit the sock and soaked in and stayed there just still burning as for the flops it would have hit and slid to the ground not sticking as it did with the socks.

It was the flesh eating apa

Old 05-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #1267
maffewl

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Auburn, Alabama

For those who didn't witness Stevo's run-in with the flesh eating wort... don't be too quick to name this APA yet. There was also glass that shattered and slashed Bobby's hand up. Paul and I looked over and he's got it wrapped up with his hand covered in blood and running down his arm.

I dub this...

Die Hard: Brew with a Vengeance.

Click Here

Bottle Cutter build:
Click Here

Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #1268
maffewl

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Auburn, Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki4312 View Post
Hello fellow brewers ( or soon to be),
I'm just trying to get started in the brewing world and would love to be able to meet some brew folk in the area. My name is John and I live in Columbia tn. If anyone is interested in being a mentor or just a friend to help me get started and just hang out with good hearted people please send me a message with your name and contact info.
You are quite a bit away from me, but maybe we'll see you at some of the get togethers. Welcome aboard loki.

Click Here

Bottle Cutter build:
Click Here

Old 05-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #1269
bernerbrau

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN
Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

So I take it at the next get-together someone's going to fall in and be boiled alive.

Maybe we should have it at my place with a nice safe 10 gallon cooler setup.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #1270
mcnewcp

Recipes 

May 2011
Nashville, TN
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffewl
For those who didn't witness Stevo's run-in with the flesh eating wort... don't be too quick to name this APA yet. There was also glass that shattered and slashed Bobby's hand up. Paul and I looked over and he's got it wrapped up with his hand covered in blood and running down his arm.

I dub this...

Die Hard: Brew with a Vengeance.
Wow, I was mad I couldn't make it, but now I'm thinking it was good for my health!

When is the APA get together again? I just managed to sneak in a brew day after work yesterday, citra APA.

Primary: French/American Farmhouse, ECY20 Lambic
Secondary: Flanders Red
Kegged: Brett Cust Citra Pale Ale, Galaxy/HBC342 Wheat IPA
Bottled: Falconers Flight Farmhouse, 1 yr Blueberry Sour, 2 yr Berliner Weisse