The Misfits Of Brewing Science - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Old 06-01-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
Fijidave12
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Cookeville, TN

I've wanted to start a thread that really has no outline...whatever happens, happens. Here's to the randomness spewed from our (possibly) sober or (more than likely) half-drunken selves, here in TN

...until next time....

Reason: Because I Can...

Old 06-01-2011, 01:36 AM   #2
volsfan5012
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Milan, TN

I'll drink to that! (or damn near anything, for that matter)

Old 06-01-2011, 01:48 AM   #3
Tbesst
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Hendersonville, Tn

I heard y’all had a brew day the other day and if I wasn’t so damn tired from working on the house I would have came. I need to brew the next few weekends (if I can find the time), I had a cookout last week and everyone found my beer and now I have empty kegs (not good).

Tim

Old 06-01-2011, 01:49 AM   #4
maffewl
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Auburn, Alabama
Liked 38 Times on 27 Posts

Dave... let me know when the second edition comes out. That thread starter kept me in suspense throughout the entire book.

Digital Temperature Controller build:
Click Here

Bottle Cutter build:
Click Here

Old 06-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #5
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Hendersonville, TN
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I need to keg the cream ale that is in my serving fridge being cold crashed, but this week sucks for me and I am unsure if I will have the time. I need to brew something as well because I have 2 in the fermenter that are sours and will need a little aging. The berliner-weisse should be ready along time before the sour flanders red. I want to make a peach wheat for a nice summer beer and then I want to make something different. I think I may need to make a belgian dubble or tripel. Anybody want to do a large batch of a belgian double or tripel?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:56 AM   #6
IffyG
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Nashville
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Does anyone remember what grain John (I think it was John) said was great to add to a pale ale in small amounts? I think he said pale chocolate, but I wasn't entirely sure.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:57 AM   #7
Fijidave12
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Cookeville, TN

Hey Bobby, do you have a wheat recipe worked out yet? When the grain buy comes in, a wheat will be one of the first batches that I make. I'm actually going to be doing a Pauwel Kwak clone (dubbel) this weekend for the girlfriend, a triple on the dubbel's yeast cake, and still the quad (but it's been moved back a few weeks). Let me know if you find a recipe for the dubbel or trippel. I'll be interested to take a look at them.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:00 AM   #8
Fijidave12
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Cookeville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffewl View Post
Dave... let me know when the second edition comes out. That thread starter kept me in suspense throughout the entire book.
You're such a tool Billy! Hey how is the Imperial Red doing today after that bigass yeast starter?

Old 06-01-2011, 03:11 AM   #9
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Hendersonville, TN
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijidave12 View Post
Hey Bobby, do you have a wheat recipe worked out yet? When the grain buy comes in, a wheat will be one of the first batches that I make. I'm actually going to be doing a Pauwel Kwak clone (dubbel) this weekend for the girlfriend, a triple on the dubbel's yeast cake, and still the quad (but it's been moved back a few weeks). Let me know if you find a recipe for the dubbel or trippel. I'll be interested to take a look at them.
No peach recipe decided on just yet. I did see that the Kroger store down the road is selling peaches for .97/lb. I need to finalize a brew day for the Peach Wheat, but my schedule is all screwy right now.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 AM   #10
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Hendersonville, TN
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IffyG View Post
Does anyone remember what grain John (I think it was John) said was great to add to a pale ale in small amounts? I think he said pale chocolate, but I wasn't entirely sure.
PM J-Malone I think he is the one who might have mentioned something about pale ales, but I can't recall what it is.