Fruit Beer Toecutters Brewery Blood Orange Belgian Wit - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty, Fruit, Historical, Other Homebrew Recipes > Fruit Beer Toecutters Brewery Blood Orange Belgian Wit

Old 06-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #21
Toecutter

Recipes 

Jul 2010
Riverside, ca
Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts

I have 10 gallons kegged, and i'll brew another 10 in a couple of weeks to stock pile for the summer. I still have quite a few Blood Oranges hanging on my tree that need a home.

On Tap: Belgian Orange Crystalweizen, Toecutters Honey HPA

Fermenting: Belgian Orange Crystalweizen

Old 06-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #22
theglobalguy
Recipes 

Feb 2013
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Mine finally mellowed out perfectly...brought a 5 gallon keg to a wedding and it was gone in 3 hours. Women especially seem to love it in the summer. Thinking it needs to be done again ASAP.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #23
BiffBiffman
Recipes 

Mar 2013
Houston, Texas

Delicious! Popped one open last night. Wasn't as much orange flavor as I expected, but the smell was incredible. I did add coriander seed, which added a nice spice, but probably added too much. I bottled half in bottles and half in plastic bombers for the pool. It's going to be a great summer!

Old 06-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
theglobalguy
Recipes 

Feb 2013
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Anyone done this with regular instead of blood oranges? Any difference?

Old 06-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #25
BiffBiffman
Recipes 

Mar 2013
Houston, Texas

I used naval oranges as blood oranges were not available. It turned out great. I've never had it with blood oranges so I cannot compare.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #26
theglobalguy
Recipes 

Feb 2013
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's getting close to blood orange time again...gonna make 10 gallons of this to stockpile for the summer!

Old 01-11-2014, 05:07 AM   #27
BiffBiffman
Recipes 

Mar 2013
Houston, Texas

Blood oranges in the store, this is happening tomorrow!!! I used the recipe but subsititued Naval Oranges as Blood Oranges were out of season. I also added coriander seed. It wasn't one of the best beers I have ever had. Very refreshing with a bit of spice.

I'm brewing this tomorrow with Blood Oranges. The question is, should I add Coriander or not?

Old 04-02-2015, 02:30 AM   #28
peejaynj
Recipes 

Oct 2014
Clarks Summit, PA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Gonna brew friday! Looking forward to it

Old 04-25-2016, 09:58 PM   #29
Darth_Duane
Recipes 

Aug 2015
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I brewed up a batch of this recently as blood oranges were in season and it came out great. My whole family loved it and the keg i brought to a family function was finished off quickly. I've done a few orange witbiers now and this one is probably my favorite. Thanks for the recipe, I'll definitely do it again when blood oranges come back around.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:09 AM   #30
NobitaDoreamon
Recipes 

Oct 2015
Melbourne, Australia

Hello,
I want to do a 5 gallons for this style, how much blood oranges do I need? Shall I cut it down to half from the original recipe?