I killed my hops.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pavs

Reaction score
So I bought two rhizomes about 6 weeks ago. I planted them in pots to get them started and they were doing great. Well, I've gotten really busy with some emergency construction on my house. I checked my hops and they are dead. No life at all. If I plant then now will they still grow now or next year?

don't count on it.
i wouldn't count them out either, just 'cause.
but, I think you shoild buy a few more......

What kind do you want? I can dig up some more Centennial if you are interested. You can also try taking some clippings from someone local and rooting them.

I would plant the rhizomes that you think are dead. They may come back. I have had that happen.

Brent_in_Aurora said:
What kind do you want? I can dig up some more Centennial if you are interested. You can also try taking some clippings from someone local and rooting them.

I would plant the rhizomes that you think are dead. They may come back. I have had that happen.

I think I would be interested. How much for shipping? The ones that I killed were cascade and hallertauer.

I'd also be willing to help out. I just cut off a bunch of Cascade shoots this afternoon but am pretty sure I missed one. I'll send it to you for free if you want.

Back