And here's some more....
Another angle of the whole thing with our flex pipe all hooked up. You can also just make out the potable water hose there. One of the Pops Design Features™ on this stand is a nice water supply feature. The sparge arm and that dump currently hanging over the HLT are on swivel 90's that are cut into a fresh water supply, so we can push fresh water into any vessel or loop in the system by opening a few valves.
Gas plumbing and our LPG tank caddy folded up for storage.
Another angle of the back side. You can see where we've got the fresh water supply tied into the boil kettle return up near the top there.
Another Pops Design Feature™. We're using big RV tanks to keep the BG14's fed. Big tanks are heavy tanks. I am lazy. I do not want to move big tanks. So we built a foldaway tank shelf onto our stand so we could just toss the tanks on, wheel the stand out, chock the wheels and go.
Another view of the tank caddy.
First brew day. Dumping some carboys of fresh water into the HLT so I can get at least a halfassed calibration done on the sight glasses.
Canine assistant does not know what funny smelling metal contraption is, but doesn't like it because it competes with her for my attention.
Pops and little bro working hard on the first brew day.
We got everything completed up to the point where I was able to take this thing for a spin this weekend and did 10 gallons of Centennial on it. We wound up coming in about 5 points low on the gravity, so our efficiency was slightly under 70% but not by much so I won't complain about for a maiden voyage. Once we get the kinks all worked out I figure we should be up around 70-75% efficiency where we belong.
For a first attempt things went surprisingly well. We're going to have to add some heat shielding around the lines running between the boil kettle and HLT as it was causing problems with the lines as well as with heating the rest of system and causing pressure issues. (Almost had a flex hose blew because we'd forgotten to open up a loop on the HEX coil while we were heating the HLT for the first time.
) I'm also buying about 40 pounds of ice for future brewdays as well. We set the plumbing up so we can use the HEX coil to chill the wort after the boil, but we needed a lot colder water to do so than what the hose gave us.
Pop's building a box out this week for some toggle switches and to get the electrical for the pumps out of the way. Eventually I'll have some Love controllers living in that box as well. We've also got to get a better locking system built for the tippy-dump on the MLT, but it worked well enough for our first run.