Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > Fermentation chamber ideas

Old 05-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #1
OsbornBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Fermentation chamber ideas

The family came through BIG TIME and I got a stack of Home Depot cards to play with! . I want to make a fermentation chamber, and want to hear / see your ideas!!!
Here's the rules:
1) SWMBO says it has to fit under the stairs. So no full size refrigerator/freezer conversions
2) I want control, so not swamp coolers, ice baths, etc. I am done with that.
3) I'd like to do Lagers and Ales, so 2 chambers if possible.
4) I have a mini-freezer, about 4ft tall that could be used as the chilling source. Will post specs as soon as I get home.

So hit me with ideas! Or links. I did a search and what I came up with was insulation boxes and tubs chilled with ice. I would like to get a little more technical then that. You guys are an innovative bunch so I am eager to hear, see, read your ideas!

Monroe, OH

BREWS - Brewing alot, kegging alot, bottling more, updating less, check Facebook if you need to know for sure

Old 05-20-2011, 04:54 AM   #2
LakewoodBrew
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

the room type window mount air conditioners work pretty well for fermentation system chilling.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #3
frankstoneline
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

mini fridge cooling a 2x4 framed, foam insulated box? heat with a small space heater, could easily fit space for 5 fermenters under a stairway

Old 05-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
stevo155
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Under the Stairs, huh? Any way to close off that space, insulate the ways an install a fan for cooling.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
Chrisl77
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Here is my build that i originaly designed to fit under the stairs in my basement. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-f...-build-242016/ The original plan was to run it off of a mini fridge 2.7 cf. I made some minor alterations to run it off my kezzer when funds started to run dry. The original dimensions with the platform for the fridge was 72 inches wide, by 2 ft deep, by 32 inches high. You could shorten the width by 14 ish inches if you only want to fit 2 fermenters in it.