Coopers Canadian Blonde - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Coopers Canadian Blonde

Old 03-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
genexxa
Recipes 

Feb 2007

Hi,

I received a can of Coopers Canadian Blonde for my birthday and I want to know what ingredients I should use with it?

the only thing I have right now is dextrose and the coopers yeast that came with the can.

And by the way I have all the necessary equipment.

Thank you

Old 03-15-2007, 12:04 AM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

Ditch the dextrose (well, keep it around for priming) and substitute the same weight of extra light dried malt extract.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 03-15-2007, 12:58 AM   #3
genexxa
Recipes 

Feb 2007

what would be the difference on the final result between destrose and extract malt?

Old 03-15-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2006
Ontario, Canada
Liked 32 Times on 25 Posts

Your finished product will have better mouth-feel (more body) and it won't be as dry as with dextrose. It will all around be a better beer. If you're up for an experiment, get another can of the same kit and do one with dextrose and one with DME. I did this back when I started with a Muntons kit (English best bitter I believe) and the difference was pretty obvious, DME all the way.

EDIT: I don't have the exact number but I believe you want 20% more DME than dextrose. You might want to search to be sure.

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station