Bottle washer for "designer" faucet? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Bottle washer for "designer" faucet?

Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
eulipion2
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2006
Hawley, PA
Liked 85 Times on 65 Posts

My former apartment had a standard faucet, and I loved my bottle washer. Now I live in a new apartment with a fancy faucet (Koehler, maybe?) that doesn't have any kind of hose hook-ups. Does anyone know of some way I can get a bottle washer assembly hooked up to this faucet? I have a little pump bottle wash I use when sanitizing bottles, but the faucet powered one works so much better for kegs and stuck-on crud. And it's more fun...

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-18-2011, 02:36 AM   #2
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

May 2009
Los Angeles
Liked 481 Times on 389 Posts

A lot of times you can still unscrew the aerator part in the designer ones and use a standard sink connector. I know in my previous apartment I thought I couldn't connect one for a long time, but it turned out I was able to unscrew it and just had to get it unstuck first.

There are some that don't have a connector though. For those I guess you could maybe jury rig a valve/hose assembly under the sink to use when you wash bottles.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 AM   #3
eulipion2
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2006
Hawley, PA
Liked 85 Times on 65 Posts

Mine is one that can go between stream and sprayer (though not fine enough to be practical) all on the same big, flat head. Nothing to unscrew unfortunately. If I remember I'll take a picture in the morning.