Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brew day!

Old 05-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
DunklesWeissbier
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Brew day!

Woke up to cloudy, cold, and wet outside today. Since I can't do any outside work I decided to brew all day.

Had a Fat Tire clone and a Nut Brown kit sitting in the fridge calling my name this morning.
I ordered a kit three weeks ago and another two weeks ago thinking I would have time to brew them when they came in. Not!

Started on one and decided quickly that I might as well do both today while all the equipment is out.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
unionrdr
struggling author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3024 Times on 2606 Posts
Likes Given: 2137

If you can get'em both done in one day,I say go for it! We both did two last weekend,maybe 2 weeks to go. Although,the Belgian white clone might only need another week...

Old 05-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
DunklesWeissbier
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Fat Tire Clone is in the fermenter. I screwed up big time and forgot to pour myself a beer during the entire process. What the hell was I thinking? Bet its going to be screwed up.

Now on to the Nut Brown Ale! This one should be ok as I have just opened a Nut Brown Ale from Michigan Brewing Company.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
blkandrust
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Great way to spend a Saturday.I'm brewing twice this wknd myself.

Winston Churchill-"If you were my wife,I'd drink it"

Old 05-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
Teromous
Beer Gnome

Recipes 

Liked 521 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunklesWeissbier View Post
Fat Tire Clone is in the fermenter. I screwed up big time and forgot to pour myself a beer during the entire process. What the hell was I thinking? Bet its going to be screwed up.
You know I have a theory about that. I think that brewing is a lot like making music. If you play anything you'll know that being a little buzzed will give you some awesome improv results. You might miss a lot of technical stuff but jazz or blues, drinking is the key.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
DunklesWeissbier
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teromous View Post
You know I have a theory about that. I think that brewing is a lot like making music. If you play anything you'll know that being a little buzzed will give you some awesome improv results. You might miss a lot of technical stuff but jazz or blues, drinking is the key.
Well I will test that theory. I have both in the fermenters, one made while sober and one while drinking. I'll let you know in a month which one turned out better.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
asidrane
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I had a big beer day myself this weekend. Yesterday I brewed a Dutch Brown Ale, bottled a Belgian and made dog treats with my spent grains.