You're no longer a n00b when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnsmith098 said:
LOL.... How about when you grow your owns hops, Either I missed it or it wasnt mentioned Whats the count up 2 now?:D

I'll put it back on track

181. When your priorities consist of
  • Kegging
  • More Carboys
  • Student Loan Bill

182.) When your list of favorite resturants are Microbrew Pubs

183.) When your garden goes to hell in hand basket but you have a bumper hop crop.

My favorite so far...

184.) When you only have Homebrewing Books and Magazines as reading material on the toilet.

:mug:

Schlenkerla said:
184.) When you only have Homebrewing Books and Magazines as reading material on the toilet.

:mug:

hehe, i have a northern brewer catalog with me always lol...

185. You contemplate penning the title 'Homebrewed Beer for the Soul'

186. You have about 3 cu. ft. of freezer space available, and you still order 3 lbs of hops.

188. When your early morning thoughts upon waking are about your brew stand and how you can improve it.

189. When you have a surefire method of justifying #188's cost to SWMBO.

190 when its 1:03 and you kill a keg giggle and tap another
191 glad that other keg is dead CUZ THEY JUST KEEP GETTEN BETTER AND BETTER
192 you spend more on brewing equipment every year than you could ever spend on commercial beer and your totally ok with it:ban:
JJ

Jaybird said:
190 when its 1:03 and you kill a keg giggle and tap another
191 glad that other keg is dead CUZ THEY JUST KEEP GETTEN BETTER AND BETTER
192 you spend more on brewing equipment every year than you could ever spend on commercial beer and your totally ok with it:ban:
JJ

193. it's 3:15 AM and you aren't asleep because you can't stop thinking about brewing, reading about brewing, talking about brewing, and looking at brewing stuff

DeadYetiBrew said:
193. it's 3:15 AM and you aren't asleep because you can't stop thinking about brewing, reading about brewing, talking about brewing, and looking at brewing stuff
Ya I'm a WACK JOB too.. LOL
JJ

you're no longer a noob when

your neighbors think you're running a math lab

brewhead said:
you're no longer a noob when

your neighbors think you're running a math lab

HaHa...I suck at Math....but I can make some decent beer! :mug:

BTW, My neigbors thought I was a terrorist before we introduced ourselves...

194) When you oversleep on brew day and you SWMBO is in the brew shack starting without you. And the brew is good.

kb9vzh said:
194) When you oversleep on brew day and you SWMBO is in the brew shack starting without you. And the brew is good.

That is hot... That is realllly hot... how the hell?.... I am 10 shades of green with envy my brewing brother! Congrats on that catch! I will lift my glass to you!:mug:

195). You name your brew equipment (brew cart/sculpture/etc...) because you figure all your friends deserve at least a name. (Named mine Brother Yarr.)
196). Your other friends ask how your brewery is doing BY NAME.(I.E. How's Brother Yarr doing?)
197). You talk to your brewing equipment...... (sometimes when it fights me I yell at it too... I'm sure I'm not the only one either.:D )
198). You are up till 5am taking pictures of your brewing equipment, posting them on another thread then editing this post to reflect that fact. WHEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a nightmare about mashing a ridiculous amount of grain with lots of water and only getting like a liter of thin, diluted wort out of it, no matter what you do :eek:

ScubaSteve said:
You have a nightmare about mashing a ridiculous amount of grain with lots of water and only getting like a liter of thin, diluted wort out of it, no matter what you do :eek:

LOL! That one made me laugh out loud. SWMBO thought it was funny too.

Schlenkerla said:
This should be: when your homebrewing library will no longer fit on the tank of the toilet.

201) when you try a beer at a local micropub and start attempting to identify the hops used.

202) You regularily flip through chemistry equipment supply catalogs looking for cool/interesting new equipment that is completely unnecessary.

203) You begin dreaming about living in a small brewshed in the woods, sleeping on a bare cot, and wearing loose fitting robes.

204) You berate the telemarketer who calls you trying to get you to sign up for a magazine subscription for not carrying Zymurgy, BYO, or other homebrewing magazines.

205) you sniff all active airlocks at least twice a day, and encourage your housemates, guests, and SWMBO to do so as well.

206) you've come to terms with the primary only vs. secondary debate and do whatever you want anyways because it's your beer.

207) you play some romatic/sex/love songs on the stereo for your yeast during the lag phase - like you used to do when wooing SWMBO.

208) you've considered buying a microscope and hemacytometer, then realized it's overkill unless you name is Jamil Z.

209) you actually clean the kitchen, like she asked you to - just not for the same reasons anymore.

210) you've pretty much stopped buying any commercial beer that isn't in a reusable bottle.

211) You've considered dressing up as a yeast cell for halloween.

212) The only time you get road rage is when driving home from the LHBS, otherwise you're always cool and relaxed.

213) you habitually leave the last oz. of liquid in every bottle after pouring even commercial brew, regardless of whether it's bottle conditioned.

214) your pet's drink your wort.

215) you no longer picture your hot SWMBO in a sexy thong, but rather wrapped in shiny stainless steel.

216) the saddest day of your life was pouring out those infected 5 gallons.

that's all I got for now

edit: wait, one more

217) you know the relevance/history of Ninkasi, Gambrinus, and the honeymoon.

Madtown Brew said:
216) the saddest day of your life was pouring out those infected 5 gallons.

NEVER!

218) The happiest day of your life is when you found that the infected batch you bottled actually carbonated. And tastes good.

Muss said:
139. You've invented your own yeast strain

Nice, not a n00b ftw!

219) Sunday is known by friends, family, and SWMBO as Brewday.
220) You have enough beer-style specific glasses to mystify guests looking for "a glass of water"
221) You sneak in an application to the Microbio/Fermentation Chem PhD program at UC Davis while applying to MD programs, just for gits and shiggles. :D

kb9vzh said:

223) You come home late one night, two weeks after you bottle the beer your SWMBO brewed while you overslept, and she invited all your friends over. And they have been there for hours.

kb9vzh said:
223) You come home late one night, two weeks after you bottle the beer your SWMBO brewed while you overslept, and she invited all your friends over. And they have been there for hours.

that's awesome

224) You have taken a gulp or two of star-san, just to prove to your friend that the foam won't ruin the beer.

225) You come to the realization that the chest freezer you inherited when you moved into your house can hold five 5 gallon carboys with room to spare. So you spend the weekend cleaning and defrosting both the fridge and the chest freezer so you can clear all the food out of it.

I consider myself a noob still, but here are a couple personal experiences that have made me question myself...

226) When you live in a small town, and everyone in town knows you as 'The Wine Guy'...

227) When the guy at the local garage hasn't had a beer since joining a new church 10 years ago, but drinks your stuff... and is excited to get more...

orfy said:
228) When you've used a mop on the ceiling.

229) When you know more than the tour guide on brewery tours.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!! HAHAHAH!!! I have mopped my ceiling!!!!! HAHAHAH!!!!

231. Your boil kettle and stove/gas burner shows that you know from experience how bad it is to keep the lid on during your boil.

Don't know if these been posted so if they have sorry for the redundancy.

232. When you look at food and the first thing that pops into your brain is "I wonder what that would do if I added it to the boil?"

233. You laid on the floor in your house and stared at the primary for over an hour just to see the yeasties weave and bob inside and to hear the bubbling from the airlock click away!

234. Had your 3 year old son sniff the airlock to get his opinion on the smell of your beer.

- WW

235. You've racked your brain for months, but still can't figure out a way to support your family by brewing and surfing HBT.
236. Your back hurts almost every weekend from moving your keggle.

Cheesefood said:
Just a little something I thought we could do to poke fun at our own n00biness. Kind of the opposite of my Bad Techniques thread.

You're no longer a n00b when...

Well done all.

Keep them coming.

Not too bad cheese!

Back