Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Anyone here boil slightly under a double batch and top up to 10G?

Old 05-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #1
jaja
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Anyone here boil slightly under a double batch and top up to 10G?

I JUST fall short of fitting a double batch in my kettle and want to make double batches to split into two fermenters to save the hassle of double or two brew days for the same amount.

Anyone here do this and what settings do you use in brewsmith to work out the gravity into the boiler so hop amounts can be calculated for the loss of extraction and dilution after the boil?

It should be pretty straight forward and every time Ive had someone explain how they do it I get a different answer

Old 05-13-2011, 02:14 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2840 Times on 1686 Posts
Likes Given: 3500

I explain something similar in this tread. The only difference really is that I'm taking a less than five gallon boil up to 5 gallons of wort.

But it's the same for you.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 05-13-2011, 02:15 AM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2840 Times on 1686 Posts
Likes Given: 3500

I discuss it in post 2 and explain how I do it in beersmith in post 9.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 05-13-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
jaja
Recipes 

Cheers!