Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Wyeast american ale already activated

Old 05-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
Mknox4354
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Wyeast american ale already activated

So I just got my wyeast activator from midwest and it wad already smacked it not fully ballooned up but definitely activated. I wasn't planning on brewing till next weekend so what should I do? should o make a starter and let it sit for the next week and a half? I'm really not sure. Still fairly new to brewing. Any input will be greatly appreciated

Old 05-11-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
SD-SLIM
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I would call Midwest and see what your options are from them...chances are they will send you a new one.
If you are stuck with it, then make a starter and put in your fridge...it's not the best thing to do for your yeast, but it will be fine.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:48 AM   #3
Mknox4354
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-SLIM
I would call Midwest and see what your options are from them...chances are they will send you a new one.
If you are stuck with it, then make a starter and put in your fridge...it's not the best thing to do for your yeast, but it will be fine.
Ok I will definitely try getting another one from mowed first. I don't see why they wouldn't give me a new one