Since I sanded the heck out of these things after cutting it was time for paint.
4 coats primer, 4 coats white enamel, and 3 coats poly....
Looks decent enough!
With the lid
Now to preserve insultation, I started by calking the collar down to the freezer, and caulking all the gaps (basically anywhere anything joins to something else.)
To further secure the collar to the freezer so it doesn't tip if I knock it with a keg or when I lift the lid, I used little brackets... plus I am going to mount a bracket in the existing hinge holes to strengthen it more.
So it's still early in the project. I am still looking for the right buy for a 2 keg system right now... but I should have it at least ready to go with a thermostat to cool some bottle/be a fermentation chamber in the mean time.
Pretty pumped about the project. Best part, since I had the wood and hardware, I am only $100 in it so far.