Brew Day in Charlotte, NC. - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brew Day in Charlotte, NC.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
JayWeezie
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Charlotte, NC
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Met up with some other brewers today to get some pointers and ask some questions. Good to meet some like minded people.
Anyone around the Carolinas on here???

Old 05-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Mikethepoolguy

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Pineville, North Carolina, USA
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Yeah, are you a Carolina Brewmasters member?

Old 05-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
JayWeezie
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Charlotte, NC
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Im not no. I went to a meeting a few months back but never joined. I plan on going to next months and finally joining. I can't get to the meetings until 7:30 or so I thought it wasn't worth it. But I have since changed my mind on that one.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Mikethepoolguy

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Pineville, North Carolina, USA
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

You should join. The first part of the meeting is mostly just business. It is in writing so you can catchup. You can then talk to officers if there is something you missed that is important. This is the best way to meet the most brewers in the area and find out where brew sessions are. The fee to join pays for itself 10 times in a year. What side are you on?

Old 05-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
golphur
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Waxhaw, NC
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Union County here. I've been thinking about attending a Carolina Brewmasters meeting some time in the future. I couldn't make the schedule work on the last two meetings. God knows I need the help. I just finished my 3rd and 4th batches this weekend

Old 05-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
JayWeezie
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Charlotte, NC
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethepoolguy
You should join. The first part of the meeting is mostly just business. It is in writing so you can catchup. You can then talk to officers if there is something you missed that is important. This is the best way to meet the most brewers in the area and find out where brew sessions are. The fee to join pays for itself 10 times in a year. What side are you on?
I think I will def be there next month. Its seems like the way to go.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
amaier48
Recipes 

Aug 2011
huntersville, nc
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

hey guys, i live up in huntersville. just slowly getting into this. anyone know of a class or anything. i want to learn more. i try reading as much as i can. but seeing it first person would really help me out.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
JayWeezie
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Charlotte, NC
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaier48
hey guys, i live up in huntersville. just slowly getting into this. anyone know of a class or anything. i want to learn more. i try reading as much as i can. but seeing it first person would really help me out.
Alternative beverage does brew days every once in awhile. There's one in mooresville now. Also Carolina brewmasters is the local club. They so a brew almost every weekend.