Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Best "Base" Beer - All Grain with Additives

Old 05-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
nsd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Best "Base" Beer - All Grain with Additives

I'm getting into brewing with additives, not extracts, but dry hopping/spices/purees. What are some of the best "base" beer recipes/methods to use when you plan on using additives on an all-grain beer.

I'm looking for a great, lightly flavored base to make a good pale ale, IPA (not sure if IPA can be good with spices/purees...?), wheat and possibly a stout.

I'd love to have a generic, but great, recipe for a wheat beer, that I can then add, say, a cinnamon stick and blueberry puree to.

Is the best method for all just generic grain usage and going easy on hop-use in the kettle?

Thanks for any help guys.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
Northcalais40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Sure depends, alot. Try 12# 2-row, 1# Crystal 20, at 40 IBU

Check the recipe thread. I think that the Delerium Tremens clone is like a single malt, or nearly so. Seems like you can safely start out with a very basic grain bill and add to it as you feel inclined.