Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Converting a Fridge
Old 05-06-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Converting a Fridge

Changing over a newer (newer I mean newer than my old hotpoint fridge) Kenmore fridge. Model schematics are here:

I want to put the taps to the right side of the unit, what would be your left when looking at the front of the fridge. I just wanted to ensure someone with a better mind than I can see if there are any coils or lines running through the side of the fridge before I drill. I plan to drill em just below the freezer/fridge separation. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
Liked 37 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 99

It looks like the coils are on the back?? I am no expert though just looking at the diagrams

Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #3

if you want to be sure take out the panels in the freezer compartment and you will be able to see how they run, or atleast the direction they are pointing to.
I like beer, I like making it, I like drinking it, and best of all I like not going to the store to buy it!!

Primary: , common room epa , Monkey butt nut brown,
Secondary: traditional stout, skeeterpee
Bottled: Scottish Export,
OnTap: , lawnmower de sassion, Irish Red w/irish ale yeast , rolf's irish red, Liberty cream
Up Next: golden ticket rye PA
Old 05-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'd recommend asking KCBrewer. His thread shows him taking a fridge apart and I believe he mentioned he was in the refrigeration game.

Based on the refrigeration schematic, it looks like the cooling coils are located the same as his. The only thing I'd check in person (or via pics) would be that the evaporator coils are located on the exterior of the back.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB
My 10 yr old chocolate lab Guinness :D thinks her name is goddammit dog or fu@%in' puppy...I think if she were registerable :drunk: her full name would Goddammit Guinness Stop It...Go Away!!! And we Love her dearly :)
My Keg-O-Vision (Kegerator) Build

My Butcherblock-esque Fermentation Chamber