Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > International > Kaiserslautern Brew-Pub: Brauhaus am Markt

Old 03-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
Ó Flannagáin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Default Kaiserslautern Brew-Pub: Brauhaus am Markt

Heading here today: http://www.brauhaus-am-markt.com/

I'll give a decent review when I get back... supposed to have a nice lunch. MMMMmmm brats and weizen.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
fifelee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Man I am starving right now and you had to throw that in my face. My local food is haggis...you get brats and amazing beer. WTF

Old 03-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #3
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

What an amazing afternoon. This place is only 30 minutes away from me and I just found it today after 2 years of living here.... quite displeased with myself.

The beer was amazing. I started off with the house weizen .5liter .... wonderful. Then, I had the sample of all the beers brewed there. First was a pale ale, was very strange to me. I'm used to pale ales having a bit of body, but this was just like a hoppy pils.. but cloudy in appearance. Very strange, wasn't my favorite.

Next up was the dunkel. Great, couldn't ask for anything else. The wheat was very prevelant, but a hint of dark malt came through.

Then was the weizen again, enjoyed it just as much the second time.

Lastly, they had a Saison... this was easily the best beer. I've never had a saison before and I was really happy with it. Very sweet maltiness to it, full budy, smooth and creamy... almost no hops aroma.

I guess the best part of these beers is they were fresh, straight from the brewery to my glass.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:13 AM   #4
LouT
Can't wait to go AG...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

When I went to kaiserslautern, we weent to a dance club that was huge, very well known in the area, and right now I'm drawing a blank -- would be cool if you know what I'm talking about and could refresh my memory!
BTW - congrats on finding the little hidden gem of a biergarten there -- have a Franziskaner for me, I insist!

Primary - California Common -finally!
Secondary - nothing, back after year plus hiatus
Keg carbing & conditioning - nada
Drinking - store bought: Loose Cannon IPA, Wachusett IPA.
On deck: Trying to decide (beer); wine kit likely (red wine)

Old 03-17-2007, 07:17 AM   #5
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

No I idea, LouT. I've only been to K-Town once.... never really knew how big it was. We live in Baumholder so drive up to Trier when we want to do the German markets and such.