Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Maryland HomeBrew Forum > MD Brewday - Summer Meetup Planning
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #61
dfess1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Flourtown, PA
Posts: 1,400
Liked 98 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default

down to williamsburg? most likely not. Baltimore isn't so much of a stretch though. Most of my car buddies are from the DC/MD area.

That said, the Caveman BBQ will be 7/9 if you guys are interested. Lots of BBQ, lots of beer. I put out a "donation" jar. Pork isn't cheap (36 racks!!), but I don't really charge to come to a bbq either (give/dont' give what you want). Other than that, bring a case of beer YOU like to drink. If we need it, fine. If not, take it home with you. Bring a sleeping bag and a pillow. Flip cup/beer pong hybrid game usually goes well into the wee hours, as well as scotch and stogies! People are pretty hammered. Oh, and since none of you have been to one, wear $hitty clothes for the bbq, then something you can change into afterward. You WILL be a mess (as long as you have as much fun as everyone else)!


dfess1 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #62
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dataz722's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Middletown, De
Posts: 36,495
Liked 3027 Times on 2976 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Ok, we need to do another brewday. Who's in and where?


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Sorry, I am sworn as a mod to disagree with the above statement. But as a rational person, I do agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong
dataz722 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #63
TowsonTiger22
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TowsonTiger22's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 8,990
Liked 1912 Times on 1860 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Default

I would be, but as always, I work weekends. So I wouldn't be off till 1.
__________________
Primary: None
Secondary: Nothing there either
Kegged: Porter, Pale Ale
TowsonTiger22 is online now
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #64
sweetcell
Swollen Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sweetcell's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 4,599
Liked 813 Times on 596 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Default

i'm in rockville, and i'd be up for a brew day. i've never brewed at a "remote location", should be interesting. sorta like camping - better hope you've brought everything you need.

i have a bunch of vacation coming up in august that might interfere with my attendance but that doesn't matter. let's get something organized and make it happen. who cares if i can't make it, i'm sure plenty of others will!
__________________
.
What hops should I grow? Looking for cheap honey?

Drinking: black harvest ale (wet-hopped with my homegrown hops), witbier, hoppy saison, Tripel'ish, local sour cherry kriek, oud bruin, gueuz'ish thing, saison bottled with ECY34, imperial chocolate stout
Aging: witbier with brett, TYB saison brett blend, Tripel'ish with brett, sour cherry mead, rye sour ECY20/ECY34 split, several other sours, acerglyn, and probably some stuff i've lost track of...
sweetcell is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #65
Yunus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 555
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcell View Post
i'm in rockville, and i'd be up for a brew day. i've never brewed at a "remote location", should be interesting. sorta like camping - better hope you've brought everything you need.

i have a bunch of vacation coming up in august that might interfere with my attendance but that doesn't matter. let's get something organized and make it happen. who cares if i can't make it, i'm sure plenty of others will!
Usually enough of us show up that if you forget something it's no big deal and some thing we share anyway.

Joppa or Takoma Park is the big question? Should we just decide or wait for Stefin and Mike to volunteer .
Yunus is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #66
claphamsa
Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
claphamsa's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TK PK
Posts: 4,988
Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Takoma probably not a good idea... the women is too anti social.
__________________
I collect magnetic bottle openers... so if you see something nice......

claphamsa on untappd
claphamsa is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #67
Yunus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 555
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Urbana could be an option, I can host depending on the day.
Yunus is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #68
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dataz722's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Middletown, De
Posts: 36,495
Liked 3027 Times on 2976 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Usually enough of us show up that if you forget something it's no big deal and some thing we share anyway.

Joppa or Takoma Park is the big question? Should we just decide or wait for Stefin and Mike to volunteer .
I don't know if joppa would be an option anymore either. I could email Al and see if he could at his new place.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Sorry, I am sworn as a mod to disagree with the above statement. But as a rational person, I do agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong
dataz722 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #69
sweetcell
Swollen Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sweetcell's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 4,599
Liked 813 Times on 596 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Default

when were people thinking of doing this? is this a "this weekend" sort of thing, or more like "next month"? i would image it's something that we'd want to plan ahead for, so we have time to gather supplies, convince SWMBO, arrange for the kids/dogs/hops/etc to be taken care of, etc.

looking at my vacation schedule, i don't have much time between now and mid-august (headed to portugal late july/early august)... but that's my problem, not yours, so please plan away! i'll make it if i can.
__________________
.
What hops should I grow? Looking for cheap honey?

Drinking: black harvest ale (wet-hopped with my homegrown hops), witbier, hoppy saison, Tripel'ish, local sour cherry kriek, oud bruin, gueuz'ish thing, saison bottled with ECY34, imperial chocolate stout
Aging: witbier with brett, TYB saison brett blend, Tripel'ish with brett, sour cherry mead, rye sour ECY20/ECY34 split, several other sours, acerglyn, and probably some stuff i've lost track of...
sweetcell is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #70
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dataz722's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Middletown, De
Posts: 36,495
Liked 3027 Times on 2976 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcell View Post
when were people thinking of doing this? is this a "this weekend" sort of thing, or more like "next month"? i would image it's something that we'd want to plan ahead for, so we have time to gather supplies, convince SWMBO, arrange for the kids/dogs/hops/etc to be taken care of, etc.

looking at my vacation schedule, i don't have much time between now and mid-august (headed to portugal late july/early august)... but that's my problem, not yours, so please plan away! i'll make it if i can.
Usually planned at least a month or two ahead of time.

I won't be able to do anything until probably middle of next month or so.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Sorry, I am sworn as a mod to disagree with the above statement. But as a rational person, I do agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong
dataz722 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MD Summer Brewday - Aug 15th 2009- Signup Thread jezter6 Maryland HomeBrew Forum 90 08-17-2009 07:12 PM
MI summer brewday eriktlupus Michigan HomeBrew Forum 33 06-20-2009 12:43 AM
MD Brewday 3.0 - Planning jezter6 Maryland HomeBrew Forum 184 01-05-2009 06:13 PM
Any interest in a Northwoods Summer Brewday? Yooper Michigan HomeBrew Forum 4 04-23-2008 01:46 AM
Maryland HBT.com Meetup jezter6 Maryland HomeBrew Forum 51 06-11-2007 12:25 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS