MD Brewday - Summer Meetup Planning - Page 7 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East Homebrew Forum > MD Brewday - Summer Meetup Planning

Old 06-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #61
dfess1
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Flourtown, PA
Liked 99 Times on 72 Posts

down to williamsburg? most likely not. Baltimore isn't so much of a stretch though. Most of my car buddies are from the DC/MD area.

That said, the Caveman BBQ will be 7/9 if you guys are interested. Lots of BBQ, lots of beer. I put out a "donation" jar. Pork isn't cheap (36 racks!!), but I don't really charge to come to a bbq either (give/dont' give what you want). Other than that, bring a case of beer YOU like to drink. If we need it, fine. If not, take it home with you. Bring a sleeping bag and a pillow. Flip cup/beer pong hybrid game usually goes well into the wee hours, as well as scotch and stogies! People are pretty hammered. Oh, and since none of you have been to one, wear $hitty clothes for the bbq, then something you can change into afterward. You WILL be a mess (as long as you have as much fun as everyone else)!

Old 07-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #62
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Ok, we need to do another brewday. Who's in and where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 07-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #63
TowsonTiger22
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Baltimore
Liked 2015 Times on 1940 Posts

I would be, but as always, I work weekends. So I wouldn't be off till 1.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #64
sweetcell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Rockville, MD
Liked 940 Times on 686 Posts

i'm in rockville, and i'd be up for a brew day. i've never brewed at a "remote location", should be interesting. sorta like camping - better hope you've brought everything you need.

i have a bunch of vacation coming up in august that might interfere with my attendance but that doesn't matter. let's get something organized and make it happen. who cares if i can't make it, i'm sure plenty of others will!
- Drinking: NHCPA (BPA and APA made with ingredients from Baltimore), 2 blends of a rye sour: ECY20 + ECY34, local sour cherry kriek #2, brett'ed Belgian blond on raspberries
- Aging: sour blond on second-use cherries, English Barleywine (half on brett), 3726 saison w/ brett x2 (dregs mix & Lochristi), GNO 3724 saison w/ brett mix, sour cherry mead, acerglyn, and a few other sours...

Old 07-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #65
Yunus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Frederick, MD
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcell View Post
i'm in rockville, and i'd be up for a brew day. i've never brewed at a "remote location", should be interesting. sorta like camping - better hope you've brought everything you need.

i have a bunch of vacation coming up in august that might interfere with my attendance but that doesn't matter. let's get something organized and make it happen. who cares if i can't make it, i'm sure plenty of others will!
Usually enough of us show up that if you forget something it's no big deal and some thing we share anyway.

Joppa or Takoma Park is the big question? Should we just decide or wait for Stefin and Mike to volunteer .

Old 07-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #66
claphamsa
Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
TK PK
Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts

Takoma probably not a good idea... the women is too anti social.

claphamsa on untappd

Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #67
Yunus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Frederick, MD
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Urbana could be an option, I can host depending on the day.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #68
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Usually enough of us show up that if you forget something it's no big deal and some thing we share anyway.

Joppa or Takoma Park is the big question? Should we just decide or wait for Stefin and Mike to volunteer .
I don't know if joppa would be an option anymore either. I could email Al and see if he could at his new place.
Quote:
I was wrong

Old 07-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #69
sweetcell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Rockville, MD
Liked 940 Times on 686 Posts

when were people thinking of doing this? is this a "this weekend" sort of thing, or more like "next month"? i would image it's something that we'd want to plan ahead for, so we have time to gather supplies, convince SWMBO, arrange for the kids/dogs/hops/etc to be taken care of, etc.

looking at my vacation schedule, i don't have much time between now and mid-august (headed to portugal late july/early august)... but that's my problem, not yours, so please plan away! i'll make it if i can.
- Drinking: NHCPA (BPA and APA made with ingredients from Baltimore), 2 blends of a rye sour: ECY20 + ECY34, local sour cherry kriek #2, brett'ed Belgian blond on raspberries
- Aging: sour blond on second-use cherries, English Barleywine (half on brett), 3726 saison w/ brett x2 (dregs mix & Lochristi), GNO 3724 saison w/ brett mix, sour cherry mead, acerglyn, and a few other sours...

Old 07-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #70
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcell View Post
when were people thinking of doing this? is this a "this weekend" sort of thing, or more like "next month"? i would image it's something that we'd want to plan ahead for, so we have time to gather supplies, convince SWMBO, arrange for the kids/dogs/hops/etc to be taken care of, etc.

looking at my vacation schedule, i don't have much time between now and mid-august (headed to portugal late july/early august)... but that's my problem, not yours, so please plan away! i'll make it if i can.
Usually planned at least a month or two ahead of time.

I won't be able to do anything until probably middle of next month or so.
Quote:
I was wrong