TSX3 love controller - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > TSX3 love controller

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
mcubed45
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Honolulu, HI
Posts: 61


Anyone using the tsx3 controller?

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Te...sTSX3/Ordering

I really want one with a blue display and from what i've seen, getting a TS2 in blue takes a month or more. The price ends up being about the same too.

I know the tsx3 is a little overkill for a keezer, but the flexibility is pretty nice. I like having a second independent output. I think I'll probably use that to control a fan (less wiring that way).

Also, does anyone know what the difference is with the various probes they offer?



 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
Schnitzengiggle
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,560
Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts


I have three TS-2's w/ blue display. The first one I ordered alone, they said there would be a 60 day lead time, however i had it w/in 3 weeks.

The second orer I placed for two w/blue LED took about 8 weeks. Yes they are special order, and they do take longer, but they are effing SWEET!

Here are a couple images:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1492.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	25056

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2588.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	25055

BTW, for the price, you can't go wrong.


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1438.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	25054  
__________________
follow me @ Broken Glass Brewery

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #3
mcubed45
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Honolulu, HI
Posts: 61

any reason you didn't just order a tsx3? it looks like they keep them in stock. price comes out the same and it has more features

nice installs btw!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:38 AM   #4
Schnitzengiggle
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,560
Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts


The kegerator was a no brainer, I don't need to heat, or anyhting else for that matter, it just needs to cool.

The ferm chamber on the other hand would have been a nice addition, but it is indoors, and being in Arizona, I really only need to be concerned with cooling. Heating would have been nice for pinpoint ferm control, but I have a feeling I won't need heat.

But I do agree, having the option to have heating, cooling, and a direct aux are all good ideas!

BTW, I ordered mine about a year ago, and I have no idea what prices are.

FWIW, the first ove controller I order was fabricated in China IIRC, the two newer ones I ordered were made in Spain.
__________________
follow me @ Broken Glass Brewery

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
SpoonBrew
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 7
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I am having a hell of a time getting my TSX3-500122 controller to play nicely with the Kenmore 8.8' chest freezer. Right now I have it all wired up, and activating the compressor... though it's just constantly running, so it freezes still verses the controller intervening at the proper temp to kill the compressor.

Anyone care to share (photos or otherwise) how they wired their TSX3 controllers? Or offer some advice on programming it?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
mcubed45
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Honolulu, HI
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonBrew View Post
I am having a hell of a time getting my TSX3-500122 controller to play nicely with the Kenmore 8.8' chest freezer. Right now I have it all wired up, and activating the compressor... though it's just constantly running, so it freezes still verses the controller intervening at the proper temp to kill the compressor.

Anyone care to share (photos or otherwise) how they wired their TSX3 controllers? Or offer some advice on programming it?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!
what are ALL your settings?

the tricky thing about the tsx3 is you can either control strictly based on temp or you can do a whole lot more with minimum run times, minimum off times, etc etc. there's a whole crapload of settings.

pls post each and every one of your settings. that's the only way to figure out what's set wrong.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
SpoonBrew
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 7
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mcubed45 View Post
what are ALL your settings?

the tricky thing about the tsx3 is you can either control strictly based on temp or you can do a whole lot more with minimum run times, minimum off times, etc etc. there's a whole crapload of settings.

pls post each and every one of your settings. that's the only way to figure out what's set wrong.
Well, after playing with the settings for most of this past Sunday morning, I finally have both temp probes reading correctly, and the keezer has been maintaining a low of 39 and high of 45, with the median set at 42. So I'm good now, I hope. Going to watch it for a bit yet before I go putting brew in there.

If I run into any further issues, I will certainly be back! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I appreciate it.

Cheers!
__________________
"If god wanted us to filter out beer, he wouldn't have given us a liver."

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
Tnack
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 6

When purchasing this temperature switch, does it come with the probe!?!? I am ordering off Dwyer-inst.com

I am so ready to get this project jump started but what to make sure everything is lined up properly before I place the orders.
__________________
On Deck:
Fermentation: Streetfront Pumpkin Lager Clone
Bottled: Blue Balls by BierMuncher (Blue Moon Clone), Bumble Beer by Brad Smith
Kegged: Need kit
Dumped (error) : Imperial Pale Ale (hop dossage / timing)
Future: Blueberry Ale!?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #9
Corbono
Recipes 
 
Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnack View Post
When purchasing this temperature switch, does it come with the probe!?!? I am ordering off Dwyer-inst.com

I am so ready to get this project jump started but what to make sure everything is lined up properly before I place the orders.
You need to add one separately the probes are not included with the switch.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #10
notjustgc
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
, New Jersey
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbono View Post
You need to add one separately the probes are not included with the switch.
What probe is best for the keezer? I'm not really sure what the difference is among the eight or so probes offered.



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
love controller help ArtVandelay Fermenters 10 08-18-2010 03:50 PM
Love Controller Help jcalisi Fermenters 6 06-05-2010 01:40 AM
Which Love controller is better tfrost12 Kegerators & Keezers 6 05-26-2010 04:20 PM
Love controller build Yunus Kegerators & Keezers 3 04-22-2010 02:07 AM
Which Love Controller? smoes Fermenters 5 04-22-2009 12:59 PM


Forum Jump