Originally Posted by Buckwheats
Your buckwheat looks great! I would dry it now.
I also used bob reds mill rolled oats for my stout. The oat flavor did come through, I just had the oily problem.
Thanks, I ended up going to 48 hours before drying. I took photos along the way. Batch 3 is "kilning" in the oven right now. Took 6 hours for the first batch at 170. And only 3.5 hours for batch 2 to dry completely. What a difference a day makes. (I started kilning batch 1 after only 6-7 hours of drying time on the towels with a fan, batch 2 had 24 hours drying time)
I got about 30% of my millet to sprout before I called it quits and laid that out to dry. I am erring on the side of super cautious when it comes to mold. I figure the well malted buckwheat and added enzymes will make up for my under converted millet.
When I finish my malting and roasting I'll post a photo story. I think I'll title the thread "Adventures in Malting - A photo diary"