Fruit Beer Wild Strawberry Blonde - Page 9 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty, Fruit, Historical, Other Homebrew Recipes > Fruit Beer Wild Strawberry Blonde

Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #81
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Missouri
Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
It will have some tartness to it but I think it depends on the tartness of the actual berry. It is 8 lbs of berries afterall. I've never had one too tart.
Hmmmm... I wonder if there would be a difference between Dole strawberries and, say, Great Value, or Always Save...

http://www.bluelinebrewer.com

Like my page on Facebook!

Old 03-01-2013, 04:34 AM   #82
Spinrathen
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Might have to try this one for wife this summer.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #83
idrinkstuffnthings
Recipes 

Jan 2013
, BC Canada
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Looks like a winner for the non-beer drinkin swmbo. Could I use white wheat malt instead of german, or is that the same thing?

Old 03-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #84
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkstuffnthings View Post
Looks like a winner for the non-beer drinkin swmbo. Could I use white wheat malt instead of german, or is that the same thing?
Lol.. I just messaged the OP a couple of hours ago and asked the exact same thing! Basically, he said "go for it"! I did do some research before I asked, and it appeared that the white wheat would work.. but, I'm still pretty new in the all grain world, so take that lightly!

Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #85
WildGingerBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Liked 2302 Times on 2219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkstuffnthings View Post
Like I told Blueline "I don't see why not" I honestly can't remember why I chose German wheat for the recipe. It was probably because my lhbs was out of white wheat! ha I can't imagine that it would make a huge difference. All you're really trying to do is make a very light, blonde ale for a base. the white wheat should work just fine.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #86
idrinkstuffnthings
Recipes 

Jan 2013
, BC Canada
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluelinebrewer View Post
Lol.. I just messaged the OP a couple of hours ago and asked the exact same thing! Basically, he said "go for it"! I did do some research before I asked, and it appeared that the white wheat would work.. but, I'm still pretty new in the all grain world, so take that lightly!
Quote:
Like I told Blueline "I don't see why not" I honestly can't remember why I chose German wheat for the recipe. It was probably because my lhbs was out of white wheat! ha I can't imagine that it would make a huge difference. All you're really trying to do is make a very light, blonde ale for a base. the white wheat should work just fine.
Alright thanks fellas, just waiting for my grain mill to show up and this will be next in the bucket, Cheers!

Old 03-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #87
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Missouri

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out! I hope to brew this one soon as well... Currently waiting on my stc-1000 to get here!

Old 03-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #88
idrinkstuffnthings
Recipes 

Jan 2013
, BC Canada
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Where do you get frozen strawberries cheap? Got enough stuff for 10 gallons. But man I never realized the high strawberry price.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #89
WildGingerBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Liked 2302 Times on 2219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkstuffnthings
Where do you get frozen strawberries cheap? Got enough stuff for 10 gallons. But man I never realized the high strawberry price.
I just buy mine at the grocery store. Wal Mart's probably cheapest. I hate wal mart.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #90
Bluelinebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Missouri

Quote:

I just buy mine at the grocery store. Wal Mart's probably cheapest. I hate wal mart.
+1, I hate the Wal-Marx too.. but, its about the cheapest.