Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Sanyo 4912 draft tower stabilization mod and stainless steel rail install tips

Old 03-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #11
LouT
Can't wait to go AG...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Got most of it done. I still need to decide about dual reg vs. manifold and turning valve on/off for least used keg after getting it to desired pressure -- so I just hit the kegs with CO2 but then put them in and hooked them up to the liquid lines, will do the gas lines when I figure out how I'm gonna go.

Came out sweet. I did use washers, but not the fender washers -- I put my rails up on the tall outer perimeter "lip" of the plastic top. They're about an inch and a half taller than the flat plastic top. I didn't want to mess with cutting the ribbing on underside of the plastic top, since I don't have a dremel I thought it would turn into a PITA.
I like the look. Will post pics when I can.
Awesome help, all, thanks so much!

I just feel like a copy cat - only original idea/item on mine is the drip tray, got it from Pier-1 - it's "classy" looking, but the drips show. Not bad in price dept, though, I think it was $9 bucks.

Still curious if anyone knows if the "log" type sanke microbrew kegs fit into the 4912...

Primary - California Common -finally!
Secondary - nothing, back after year plus hiatus
Keg carbing & conditioning - nada
Drinking - store bought: Loose Cannon IPA, Wachusett IPA.
On deck: Trying to decide (beer); wine kit likely (red wine)

Old 03-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #12
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouT
HB-99 -- if you really want taller rails, decide how much taller. Then you can just order an extra handle, cut it in half, and probably drill and tap the internal threads yourself but hire out a machine shop to do the external threads. If you go too tall, though, you'll want to reinforce the underside of the plastic - or side pressure on the rails will cause you to break the plastic (leverage effect).
When, and if, I do I will surely reinfornce it from below. Thanks.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #13
bendavanza
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

maybe someone else mentioned this but you can get those "rails" at ikea cheap. My kitchen cabinets are covered in them.
-Ben

Old 09-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #14
Shonuff
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavanza View Post
maybe someone else mentioned this but you can get those "rails" at ikea cheap. My kitchen cabinets are covered in them.
-Ben
I got my rails at IKEA at 50% off. Paid total of $15. They are stainless steel too.

Join the #1 HBT group "Michigan Mashers"

Join the #2 HBT group "Pacific Northwest Brewers"

Old 09-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #15
yermej
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Are these the ones you got? It looks like it'd work to use the 13 7/8" across the back (17 1/2" total length) and then one of the two shortest sizes for the sides. Which lengths did you use?

Old 09-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #16
pwb2103
Recipes 

Man those rails look great, my kegerator isn't even finished yet and now you already have me thinking of more ways to deck out my setup

Old 10-20-2012, 02:24 AM   #17
pjdunn11
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hey Sirsloop - wondering if you could repost your photos. I have a converted sanyo 4912, and mine feels as you described - a little flimsy. I'd like to amend, but am not sure of how to accomplish. Thanks!

elbowdan Likes This