Looking to start AG soon and want to go with BIAB single vessel electric brewing - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Looking to start AG soon and want to go with BIAB single vessel electric brewing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 01:06 AM   #21
Garrett
 
Garrett's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fullerton, CA
Posts: 258
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts


Finally back in the country and ready to get started on this project. Funds are allocated and ordering will begin soon. Cant wait!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:44 AM   #22
P-J
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,336
Liked 302 Times on 235 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Finally back in the country and ready to get started on this project. Funds are allocated and ordering will begin soon. Cant wait!
Welcome home.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

P-J

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #23
burglar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2010
Detroit
Posts: 58

See my build here.

Good luck!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #24
Garrett
 
Garrett's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fullerton, CA
Posts: 258
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts


Well, ordered pretty much all parts today, I will post itemized list to keep this going.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #25
hrafnkell
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Iceland
Posts: 56
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


btw that wall outlet is not necessarily connected to a 30A breaker - the writings on the box are just ratings for the wall outlet. Not necessarily what kind of breaker it's connected to.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #26
Garrett
 
Garrett's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fullerton, CA
Posts: 258
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by hrafnkell View Post
btw that wall outlet is not necessarily connected to a 30A breaker - the writings on the box are just ratings for the wall outlet. Not necessarily what kind of breaker it's connected to.
This is the only wall outlet of its kind in the whole house and it is right next to the dryer in the garage. There is a corresponding 30A breaker in the box outside of my house as well.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:46 AM   #27
Garrett
 
Garrett's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fullerton, CA
Posts: 258
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts


Well a year later and this is finally done! Not going to get into why this took so long but it will be on its maiden voyage tonight. I'll post updates..



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2526792766.jpg
Views:	2148
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	76757
__________________
Ambitious Ales

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #28
Antler
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Carbonear, Nl
Posts: 711
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett
Well a year later and this is finally done! Not going to get into why this took so long but it will be on its maiden voyage tonight. I'll post updates..
Well how did it go!?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #29
Garrett
 
Garrett's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fullerton, CA
Posts: 258
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler View Post
Well how did it go!?
It went great, I am going to do a few more batches later this week and post pictures. Everything went smooth, I was actually above my OG the recipe called for. I did ed worts Bavarian Hefeweizen, its fermenting away right now!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #30
Antler
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Carbonear, Nl
Posts: 711
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett

It went great, I am going to do a few more batches later this week and post pictures. Everything went smooth, I was actually above my OG the recipe called for. I did ed worts Bavarian Hefeweizen, its fermenting away right now!
That's awesome! Post some pics of your next batch in progress! I've been wanting to build a setup like this for a while now but seems there's always something more important to spend the money on. Someday...

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric BIAB and Nylon Voile Experiment gunner65 Electric Brewing 43 03-02-2015 10:26 PM
Electric brewing is the way.. Jknapp Electric Brewing 11 08-20-2011 09:37 PM
New Electric BIAB system Navy_Brewer Electric Brewing 22 07-29-2011 08:49 PM
electric equipment start up costs wacko Electric Brewing 40 12-29-2010 03:48 PM
new to electric brewing Q's HH60gunner Electric Brewing 6 12-13-2010 11:40 PM


Forum Jump