Placental Beer - Page 6 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Placental Beer

Old 04-26-2011, 11:45 PM   #51
TwoDollarBill
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Somewhere past East Jesus, WV, West Virginia
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I motion we refer to aging the beer with placenta as "dry plopping"... any seconds?

rycov Likes This 
Old 04-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #52
rycov
Recipes 

Feb 2010
conway SC., South Carolina
Liked 24 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoDollarBill View Post
I motion we refer to aging the beer with placenta as "dry plopping"... any seconds?
yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
I would make a yeast starter, and pitch it into your mailbox.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:50 PM   #53
GodsStepBrother

Recipes 

Apr 2009
, Texas
Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts

all opposed

Old 04-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #54
GodsStepBrother

Recipes 

Apr 2009
, Texas
Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts

twodollarbill, motion passes dry plopping it is.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #55
gregger
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Antelope, CA
Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts

My god. I can't believe it. This literally tops everything I have ever read here on HBT, and probably on all of the internets.

That said... You know I would probably boil it and actually cook it with no spices, then use the water in your wort. Since you'll probably vomit in the boil, make sure to allow it to boil at least another hour in order to kill anything off. Geez they could put that on a TV show. Someone call HBO.
Bottled: Oat Red Ale, Peach Wheat, Strawberry Dirty Blonde Ale, Brown Sugar IPA

In line: Cucumber Summer Blonde, Kona Pipeline Porter Clone, Bacon Porter

The best yet: St. Nick's Dirty Stout (Vanilla Gingerbread Stout) - guessed at the recipe when boiling, didn't write anything down... DAMN.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:10 AM   #56
ksbrain
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Mystic, CT
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

OK so I have a placenta in my freezer right now, from my 10 day old who was birthed right here in my own home. The midwives won't throw the placenta out for you... I'll have to "take care of it" myself.

Only problem is my wife wouldn't let me use my brewing buckets to help fill the birthing tub because they were too "dirty". So I didn't catch any of the amniotic fluid! The fact that the buckets have mostly held just sanitizer in them for the last two years seemed lost on her while she was pushing out the baby.

Now, for the record, that **** that comes out with the baby is meconium. Or something. And you'd need plenty of vernix to make it a truly birth day beer.

One last gem. My current facebook picture is a photo of the placenta that the midwife took. It (the placenta) was/is heart-shaped, which seemed pretty special to her. And I thought it would be the most offensive of all the birth photos to choose for my profile pic.

I'm just wondering when do I get to brew again... this baby's already over a week old and no amylase has been active in the basement. Time to get over it and make some beer! At least I kegged the wheat the other day (signature still not updated)

Old 05-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #57
rycov
Recipes 

Feb 2010
conway SC., South Carolina
Liked 24 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbrain View Post

Now, for the record, that **** that comes out with the baby is meconium. Or something. And you'd need plenty of vernix to make it a truly birth day beer.
yeah. that's actually from the baby. i was talking about the actual **** that comes out of the lady when she's pushing. but i didn't think about meconium (is that spelled right?) that brings it to a whole new level. at which point should we add the meconium?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
I would make a yeast starter, and pitch it into your mailbox.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #58
MazdaMatt
Recipes 

Apr 2011
St. Thomas, Ontario
Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

*puke*

Old 05-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #59
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3519 Times on 3330 Posts

Meconium is the word for the babies first poops. That dense black goop you changed the first day or 3 of diaper changes. If meconium came out then the baby pooped in the womb. My first child did this and it made for some concern of the doctor because it can cause respiratory problems with the baby and possible pneumonia if the baby breathes it in. My boy ended up not affected, but we were lucky that they decided to break my wife's water when they did and we found out early.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #60
BlackDogBrewing
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Slatington, PA
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

My wife is due in August...