Placental Beer - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Placental Beer

Old 04-22-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
theonetrueruss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Woodstock, GA
Liked 50 Times on 36 Posts

Ok.. here's the challenge... me and wife are talking... and she challenged me to make a plecental beer.. that's right.. that thing that come out with the baby and you cut it off etc... horrible I know...

I said.. you gotta drink it... she said.. so do you... I said... ok.. let's do it... then we discussed the risks and realized the hard part will be getting a plecenta...

So.. assuming I can find a placenta to put in my beer... I'm thinking an imperial placental stout... should be plenty of protien and nutrients... maybe some oatmeal as well..

I know this is crazy... but if she can come up with the placenta I'll have to make it... :P

Old 04-22-2011, 02:02 AM   #2
o4_srt
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Lancaster, PA
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonetrueruss
Ok.. here's the challenge... me and wife are talking... and she challenged me to make a plecental beer.. that's right.. that thing that come out with the baby and you cut it off etc... horrible I know...

I said.. you gotta drink it... she said.. so do you... I said... ok.. let's do it... then we discussed the risks and realized the hard part will be getting a plecenta...

So.. assuming I can find a placenta to put in my beer... I'm thinking an imperial placental stout... should be plenty of protien and nutrients... maybe some oatmeal as well..

I know this is crazy... but if she can come up with the placenta I'll have to make it... :P
I just threw up a little bit....

Conditioning: Muddy Paw Nut Brown Ale, Jump The Fence Independence Cream Ale

Old 04-22-2011, 02:16 AM   #3
WarrantedFED
Recipes 

Jul 2010
Seattle, WA
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

That is just bad. I have heard of Hannibal's placental extra meaty chili, but brew??? I don't think that there is enough fermentable sugars and too much protein.

Cannibalism...actual cannibalism...yuk.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:17 AM   #4
BBKing

Recipes 

Oct 2009
Canton, IL
Liked 52 Times on 52 Posts

Not a way in hell I would even think about doing this.

And I'm glad I'm not drinking a beer right now.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:17 AM   #5
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 9061 Times on 7214 Posts

How 'bout a cow placenta? I don't think humans are only creaters with placentas.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:22 AM   #6
tonyolympia
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Olympia, Washington
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

I think a placental stout would be superb, esp. for new mothers. Beer helps with milk let down for nursing, so I've been told, and ingesting the placenta is good for mom in so many ways--hormonal adjustments, preventing postpartum depression, etc. Our doula (professional birth assistant) dehydrated my wife's placenta and turned it into capsules for my wife when she gave birth to our youngest girl a year ago.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:23 AM   #7
Ace_Club
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2008
Chicago, IL
Liked 2385 Times on 2187 Posts

First have a baby.
Then brew with the Placenta.
Although cook it first.

Where are guys? - Ginger

Eat a bag of kittens, Ace. - Yooper

Old 04-22-2011, 02:30 AM   #8
DregAddict

Recipes 

Nov 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Other mammals definitely have placentas. They often times eat them so as not to lose valuable nutrients. The placenta is highly vascular because it is the site of respiratory gas exchange between the mother and the fetus, so the main constituent would be blood. Fetal blood, not maternal blood. And fetal blood is not exactly the same as maternal blood. It has necessary differences to allow for preferential O2 exchange from the mothers blood. I think I have heard of some cultures that have fermented blood, so this certainly seems possible.

Oh, one other thing, you're a sick, sick bastard. I've had girlfriends suggest things to me all the time. The trick is to zone them out and worry about the consequences later.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:41 AM   #9
FromZwolle

Recipes 

Mar 2010
beecher, il
Liked 56 Times on 43 Posts

a stout is too dark,
and won't showcase the flavor.
try "afterbirth brown."

Old 04-22-2011, 02:51 AM   #10
Kirbster
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Toast the placenta at 350 for 30 minutes will give it a slightly nutty, caramel flavor that will go well with a brown ale. Stir halfway to ensure even toasting of said placenta.