Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Keggle Ethics Question
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #11
melamst
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 8
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODaniel View Post
I would feel wrong keeping a microbrewers keg.
Yep, you're right. I'll never brew without feeling a bit guilty. Guess I'm calling Switchback tomorrow.

M_C - They're in Burlington: http://www.facebook.com/SwitchbackBrewingCompany

Good luck up there M_C! I've got a My Antonia right here in my left "gulp" hand.


melamst is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #12
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Misplaced_Canuck's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NE Columbia SC - Formerly, Montreal Canada
Posts: 2,838
Liked 157 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

I don't know Switchback too well, but my guess is that they'll take care of you for your honesty. I know *I* would.

M_C

PS: the Bailey's is pouring freely

PPS: I'll be volunteering @ the VT Beerfest in July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melamst View Post
Yep, you're right. I'll never brew without feeling a bit guilty. Guess I'm calling Switchback tomorrow.

M_C - They're in Burlington: http://www.facebook.com/SwitchbackBrewingCompany

Good luck up there M_C! I've got a My Antonia right here in my left "gulp" hand.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Canuck
Carbonic bite? Is that like the bubonic plague?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.
Misplaced_Canuck is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:35 AM   #13
KYB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,566
Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melamst View Post
Yep, you're right. I'll never brew without feeling a bit guilty. Guess I'm calling Switchback tomorrow.

M_C - They're in Burlington: http://www.facebook.com/SwitchbackBrewingCompany

Good luck up there M_C! I've got a My Antonia right here in my left "gulp" hand.
As someone else said, you may get rewarded in one way or another. Just tell them the story. They should at least fill a growler or tell you to keep the keg.
KYB is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #14
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Airborneguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Isle of Staten
Posts: 10,856
Liked 844 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Default

Here we go again...

I must say thank you for the laughs on this one. Return a keg that was found in a river? Bravo!

I've never read such chivalry, such awesome integrity, as I do whenever someone mentions keeping a microbrewer's keg. What a sight to see! Imagine if you guys applied your high level of morality to everything in life! Even with just 'ye few, world peace would be but a speed-bump on the road to Utopia!
__________________
Fermentor(s):
Lagering:
Bottled: Atonement Brown Porter
Airborneguy is offline
BBKing Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 AM   #15
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Misplaced_Canuck's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NE Columbia SC - Formerly, Montreal Canada
Posts: 2,838
Liked 157 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Pops... You ever heard of KARMA?

Karma can be a b*tch.

M_C

PS: A RIGHTEOUS man?? What happened to that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Here we go again...

I must say thank you for the laughs on this one. Return a keg that was found in a river? Bravo!

I've never read such chivalry, such awesome integrity, as I do whenever someone mentions keeping a microbrewer's keg. What a sight to see! Imagine if you guys applied your high level of morality to everything in life! Even with just 'ye few, world peace would be but a speed-bump on the road to Utopia!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Canuck
Carbonic bite? Is that like the bubonic plague?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.
Misplaced_Canuck is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:56 AM   #16
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Airborneguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Isle of Staten
Posts: 10,856
Liked 844 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Default

Again, I wish I could say this with certainty (I don't know you guys obviously), but if the super-karma, super-moral, keg-returners-at-all-costs (except in the case of BMC)'ers applied such super-human righteousness to the rest of their lives as they do to micro-brewery kegs, the world would be a much better place.

(PS... somewhere on this forum I posted the legalese regarding keg transfers in NY State. Cliff notes? Whether craft, micro, or BMC, you can keep it in NY... extra points if you fish it out of a raging river).
__________________
Fermentor(s):
Lagering:
Bottled: Atonement Brown Porter
Airborneguy is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #17
Puckhead
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Coral springs, Florida
Posts: 94
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Be sure to flame the bar that lost it.... Quite the boy scout to fish it and return it but as the others said the potential reward could be pretty awesome!
Puckhead is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:17 AM   #18
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bernie Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eldorado, WI
Posts: 7,537
Liked 135 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Here we go again...

I must say thank you for the laughs on this one. Return a keg that was found in a river? Bravo!

I've never read such chivalry, such awesome integrity, as I do whenever someone mentions keeping a microbrewer's keg. What a sight to see! Imagine if you guys applied your high level of morality to everything in life! Even with just 'ye few, world peace would be but a speed-bump on the road to Utopia!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Again, I wish I could say this with certainty (I don't know you guys obviously), but if the super-karma, super-moral, keg-returners-at-all-costs (except in the case of BMC)'ers applied such super-human righteousness to the rest of their lives as they do to micro-brewery kegs, the world would be a much better place.

(PS... somewhere on this forum I posted the legalese regarding keg transfers in NY State. Cliff notes? Whether craft, micro, or BMC, you can keep it in NY... extra points if you fish it out of a raging river).


It all starts with the man in the mirror.
__________________
I like to squeeze the nickle until the buffalo craps-mt rob

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett
Bernie Brewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:29 AM   #19
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Airborneguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Isle of Staten
Posts: 10,856
Liked 844 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Default

I'll have to go find a keg and test your theory out since I don't use keggles

Of course, I promise it will be from Sixpoint or Brooklyn Brewery, both highly respectable craft breweries worthy of having their kegs returned even after quests Indiana Jones would be jealous of!
__________________
Fermentor(s):
Lagering:
Bottled: Atonement Brown Porter
Airborneguy is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:08 AM   #20
Boy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mt Hood, Oregon
Posts: 349
Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

Default

Thinking about it today while brewing; I got my keg from work in September after noticing that it had been on the back dock for what I guessed was two years. Funny thing is it's a AB keg that was filled with Flat Tire??? Got it home and emptied it(still half full) and noticed a best by date printed on the side of February 2008(gross). Really don't feel bad since the back dock is where the empties go for pickup and this had been sitting for that long. Pretty sure it was written off quite some time before I got to it.


Boy is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question on new keggle egaberik Equipment/Sanitation 5 03-04-2010 03:12 AM
The ethics of 5 gallon water cooler bottles... jkpq45 Equipment/Sanitation 18 05-28-2009 01:43 AM
new Keggle Question thewurzel Equipment/Sanitation 4 09-21-2008 07:18 PM
Keg Ethics Orfy Equipment/Sanitation 0 11-11-2007 09:28 AM
Keg Ethics Sumta Equipment/Sanitation 11 05-04-2006 04:20 AM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS