OK well I went ahead and started making these so I figured Id throw up some pics of the process:
The bag I picked up from Costco
Brine ingredients: 2 cups water, 2 TB Vinegar (I used white distilled), 1 TB Salt. I tripled the recipe to fit the container. I also added a little sugar to speed up the fermentation and some juice from the top of a yogurt container to ensure the presence of lactobacilli (although your not supposed to have to add any)
Cut a slit in the top of each pepper
Pumped each pepper full of brine (and the oxygen out)
Jar is full and ready for fermentation! Just so happened that a 2L mason jar I got from the Lagunitas Brewery was the perfect size (they use them as growlers there)
I also added some chopped garlic and red pepper flakes for flavour after this pic was taken.
They will ferment for about two weeks then be ready for eating! The lid is slightly loose to let pressure out. Its been a little under a week so far and the fermentation is going strong! Lots of pressure releasing and the brine is turning cloudy as it is supposed to.
For more info on this, here is the website and recipe I used:http://www.paleotechnics.com/Articles/Pepperoncini.html