Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time...

Old 04-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
jakecpunut
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
You do realise there are 3 more wall surfaces inside that fridge, right?

Thus, there is some square footage within that would not require you to futz with kegs to reach a guage.

That said, I have 6 taps, 8 kegs in the keezer, 3 guages, and had to adjust them,

ONCE! Been kegging now going on 4 years.
yuppers.. I looked at that when I did what I did.. I do have plenty of line curled up behind the fridge so I may look at moving it to one of the sides before I make a decision.. It is a small fridge though and I'm thinking once I get 4 kegs in there (hopefully soon) I'll still have to move things around to get to the gauges..

I never have to adjust them OTHER than when I fill a new keg and want to seal the lid so I have to move things around, reach back through everything and turn it up to 25 or so then back down..

It's not a huge deal, but I get tired of moving things around just to do that plus I end up stirring up the sediment sometimes when I move a keg then there's more wasted beer! haha

Just hit me, maybe I just need to purchase another small C02 tank just to seal the new kegs with so I won't have to deal with that.. I'd hate to spring for a tank and gauge and line though when I could just move e/thing out..

Old 04-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 440 Times on 359 Posts
Likes Given: 63

OK I looked up the thread that inspired my mods. I did basically what this guy did:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/haie...ge-mod-157405/

Looks good, and I have an easy time adjusting the pressures. I can reach right over the cornies to turn each knob individually if I want to. And yes, I DO in fact adjust the pressures for the individual style. Also last week I cranked it up to 24 PSI for a few days to accelerate carbonation on a keg I had swapped in there. Worked perfectly.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #13
jakecpunut
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomaster View Post
ahh its on the inside now.

well you can move it to the out side and run a WYE fitting off of your HIGH output regulator and use that just for purging new kegs or using co2 stone etc.

-=Jason=-
That's something I haven't done.. look at different fittings/options.. I'll chk that out.. thanks!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #14
jakecpunut
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy View Post
OK I looked up the thread that inspired my mods. I did basically what this guy did:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/haie...ge-mod-157405/

Looks good, and I have an easy time adjusting the pressures. I can reach right over the cornies to turn each knob individually if I want to. And yes, I DO in fact adjust the pressures for the individual style. Also last week I cranked it up to 24 PSI for a few days to accelerate carbonation on a keg I had swapped in there. Worked perfectly.
Cool, thanks for the link.. I think I'd have a harder time doing something like that with a fridge.. I guess they all could stick off the side though haha

Old 04-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #15
mmurray
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakecpunut View Post
I'll admit that was cheaper than I could find online when I did this. $70 was the best price I found...

With that said, I went to my local tractor supply and had a high pressure hydraulic hose made that can handle over 5000 psi... I even got to select which fittings I wanted, one side 1/4" RH flare and the other 1/4" RH NPT for the stem. Cost me $25! The biggest part of the cost was the 2 fittings @ $9.25 each. Plus the bonus of not having to wait for shipping.

So go check your local tractor shops.

Gulf Coast Brewers League
GatorDad Likes This 
Old 04-13-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
jakecpunut
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmurray View Post
I'll admit that was cheaper than I could find online when I did this. $70 was the best price I found...

With that said, I went to my local tractor supply and had a high pressure hydraulic hose made that can handle over 5000 psi... I even got to select which fittings I wanted, one side 1/4" RH flare and the other 1/4" RH NPT for the stem. Cost me $25! The biggest part of the cost was the 2 fittings @ $9.25 each. Plus the bonus of not having to wait for shipping.

So go check your local tractor shops.
Nice! Yeah that was a Christmas present so it didn't cost me N E thing haha But if I decide to go a different route, TS is right up the road! Thanks for the tip!