I have a 2 vessel system. With a bucket as a holding tank. Here are the steps I use:
1. Heat water to 180
2. Transfer to MLT and add grains.
3. Wait till temp stabilizes at mash temp, start recirculation for 60 minutes.
4. Drain first running into bottling bucket.
5. Add sparge water and stir, wait 10 minutes,recirculate for a minute and drain into bucket.
6. Repeat step 5.
7. Empty bucket into hlt/kettle and start boil.( empty of water at this point)
8. Collect third running into bucket and add to kettle.
9. Boil for 60 minutes then chill and pitch yeast.
This is with one burner (electric elements) and one pump. I average upper 70's efficiency. I could do without the lifting but I'm young yet so it doesn't really bother me to much.