Dark Mild Reaper's Mild, 1st place 2011 HBT Competition - Page 25 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Dark Mild Reaper's Mild, 1st place 2011 HBT Competition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #241
azscoob
Brewpub coming soon!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
azscoob's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2009
Lake in the Hills, IL
Posts: 7,445
Liked 271 Times on 208 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongo
Going to brew this again next weekend. I have had no time to brew in many months, cant wait! I am thinking of using Wyeast London ESB this time around and FWH... any thoughts?
Heck yeah I would give that a try..


__________________
Shirts n Steins: Grain Reaper Brewing


I seem to have misplaced my trousers... ~Grainreaper

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #242
Vongo
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Baltimore, MD
Posts: 340

Last time I followed exactly. Here is what I'm doing this time around.
Adding 1/2lb of MO
Adding 6 ounces of crystal 120 ( for a bit more toffee)
Using pale chocolate .25lb
WLP02
1 ounce of willamette FWH
1 ounce of willamette at 10 min

Thoughts? I know this knocks it out of being the same recipe but I'm just coming off of a 6 month no brewing dry spell so I gotta have a little fun with it :0)


__________________
"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #243
menisale
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
carlsbad, ca
Posts: 53

I made this recipe back in November. Sitting here at work drinking a bottle of it. It continues to improve. My LHBS raved over it. My only problem was I massed at too low of a temperature so it isn't quite as malty as it should be.

At 3.4% it is a great beer to drink while still assisting others with their financial decisions.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #244
azscoob
Brewpub coming soon!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
azscoob's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2009
Lake in the Hills, IL
Posts: 7,445
Liked 271 Times on 208 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by menisale
I made this recipe back in November. Sitting here at work drinking a bottle of it. It continues to improve. My LHBS raved over it. My only problem was I massed at too low of a temperature so it isn't quite as malty as it should be.

At 3.4% it is a great beer to drink while still assisting others with their financial decisions.
Amen to that!

With an eight month old boy zipping about the house these days a good mild or ordinary bitter hits the spot without getting me too shmammered to keep up.
__________________
Shirts n Steins: Grain Reaper Brewing


I seem to have misplaced my trousers... ~Grainreaper

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #245
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
AZ_IPA's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Posts: 51,994
Liked 8462 Times on 6847 Posts


Drinking my first batch, made with EKG.

It's wonderful! Thanks, az.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #246
Pdeezy
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Valley Ranch, TX
Posts: 274
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Sorry if this was already covered, but I can only partial mash so I was wondering if this looked like a good recipe to you guys. I have EKG on hand so that's another substitue I'll making.

2.1lb Muntons Light DME
1lb 2-row
1lb Victory
1.5lb Crystal 60L (Crisp, UK)
6 oz Chocolate malt (Crisp, UK)

1 oz EKG 5% at 40 minutes
1 oz EKG 5% at 10 minutes

I'll have to check the actual AA of the EKG I have, and then line up the boil times to correctly match the IBUs, but you get the idea.

Thanks in advance. I'm ready for an easy drinker.
__________________
Next to Brew - Who knows...something with EKG

Primary - April's Amber

Bottled - Bee Cave IPA
Bottled - Apfelwein
Bottled - Dirty Blonde (BM's Blonde w/ 2X hops)
Bottled - Ed's Haus
Bottled - Hop Dread Red V1.0 (Red IPA)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #247
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
AZ_IPA's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Posts: 51,994
Liked 8462 Times on 6847 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
Drinking my first batch, made with EKG.

It's wonderful! Thanks, az.
Scored a 43 and won a gold medal. Thanks again for a solid base recipe, az. I used EKG, and US-04.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #248
azscoob
Brewpub coming soon!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
azscoob's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2009
Lake in the Hills, IL
Posts: 7,445
Liked 271 Times on 208 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA

Scored a 43 and won a gold medal. Thanks again for a solid base recipe, az. I used EKG, and US-04.

Heck yeah!!!! Anotha winnah!!!
__________________
Shirts n Steins: Grain Reaper Brewing


I seem to have misplaced my trousers... ~Grainreaper

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #249
Pdeezy
Recipes 
 
Sep 2011
Valley Ranch, TX
Posts: 274
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdeezy View Post
Sorry if this was already covered, but I can only partial mash so I was wondering if this looked like a good recipe to you guys. I have EKG on hand so that's another substitue I'll making.

2.1lb Muntons Light DME
1lb 2-row
1lb Victory
1.5lb Crystal 60L (Crisp, UK)
6 oz Chocolate malt (Crisp, UK)

1 oz EKG 5% at 40 minutes
1 oz EKG 5% at 10 minutes

I'll have to check the actual AA of the EKG I have, and then line up the boil times to correctly match the IBUs, but you get the idea.

Thanks in advance. I'm ready for an easy drinker.
I'm almost positive that these substitutions will be ok, but I was wondering what you guys thought before I brewed this up this weekend?

--Thanks
__________________
Next to Brew - Who knows...something with EKG

Primary - April's Amber

Bottled - Bee Cave IPA
Bottled - Apfelwein
Bottled - Dirty Blonde (BM's Blonde w/ 2X hops)
Bottled - Ed's Haus
Bottled - Hop Dread Red V1.0 (Red IPA)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #250
Vongo
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Baltimore, MD
Posts: 340

Bubbling away with White labs English ale yeast!


__________________
"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dark Mild Marley's Mild - 1st Place English Ale - Fermentationland Homebrew Competition (AHA) Cider123 Homebrew Ale Recipes 5 10-28-2015 01:03 AM
Dark Mild Mild - Best of Show New England Regional Homebrew Competition 2011 Bacon488 Homebrew Ale Recipes 33 10-10-2014 04:37 AM
Cream Stout (2nd Place 2011 HBT Competition Category 12,13) HokieHomeBrew Homebrew Ale Recipes 11 12-07-2012 03:44 PM
Magoo's Mild, 3rd place in Cat 11 at 2011 HBT Comp midfielder5 Homebrew Ale Recipes 5 02-08-2012 02:47 PM


Forum Jump