Irish Red Ale Raging Red Irish Red Ale - Page 33 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Irish Red Ale Raging Red Irish Red Ale

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #321
Duffman870727
Recipes 
 
Jun 2012
Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 24
Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts


I used WLP004 the two times I brewed this. It turns out good, I don't know how to compare it to the other yeast but I think you won't be disappointed.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #322
traistbrew
Recipes 
 
May 2013
Posts: 6

Brewing this today.....sounds like the nectar of gods. Ill let yall know how it turns out

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #323
jjeremy
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Posts: 29
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Any thoughts on oak? I've thought of doing this recipe next time with some oak chips for about 2 weeks in secondary. I've made this beer 3 or 4 times now but haven't used oak ever.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #324
Mysticmead
 
Mysticmead's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Kingston, GA
Posts: 1,342
Liked 93 Times on 62 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeremy View Post
Any thoughts on oak? I've thought of doing this recipe next time with some oak chips for about 2 weeks in secondary. I've made this beer 3 or 4 times now but haven't used oak ever.
I thought about oaking it just to give it a shot, I just never got around to it. Was going to oak my oatmeal stout next time I make it, might oak this one at the same time.

If you do oak yours, please let me know how it turns out.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #325
SFGiantsFan925
 
SFGiantsFan925's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
East Bay, CA
Posts: 876
Liked 391 Times on 230 Posts


Brewing this today.

Not happy with how my grains were crushed at my LHBS. As I was dumping it into my mash (BIAB style), I noticed a lot of the Cara type malt was not really crushed well at all. Not sure what happened. The 2-Row was all cruhed very well. Oh well, still going to make beer. Probably lower efficiency, and we will see how the final turns out. Excited to try the final product!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #326
2xbrewing
Recipes 
 
Jan 2013
Posts: 36
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I am going to brew this ale in a 10 gallon batch. I was just going to double all the ingredients on the the 5 gallon recipe. Is this the right way to do it, its my first time brewing more than 5 gallons? I would be using 2 lbs of honey is this too much? Thanks guys

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #327
Dhinds10583
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Posts: 38
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


That's how I've done it twice and it turned out great!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #328
Mysticmead
 
Mysticmead's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Kingston, GA
Posts: 1,342
Liked 93 Times on 62 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xbrewing View Post
I am going to brew this ale in a 10 gallon batch. I was just going to double all the ingredients on the the 5 gallon recipe. Is this the right way to do it, its my first time brewing more than 5 gallons? I would be using 2 lbs of honey is this too much? Thanks guys
you can double it and it'll be fine. or if you enter the recipe into BeerSmith there's a scaling feature built in.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:10 AM   #329
SFGiantsFan925
 
SFGiantsFan925's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2012
East Bay, CA
Posts: 876
Liked 391 Times on 230 Posts


So I brewed this a few days ago. It smells great so far. I cant wait to try the first hydro sample. My only concern is that the clor is rather "brown" and not red. This of course is in the fermenter. Not sure if its from all the yeast or waht, but it doesnt have any red color at all. Ill see once I get a hydro sample but wasnt sure if this was normal.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:21 AM   #330
Mysticmead
 
Mysticmead's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Kingston, GA
Posts: 1,342
Liked 93 Times on 62 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by SFGiantsFan925 View Post
So I brewed this a few days ago. It smells great so far. I cant wait to try the first hydro sample. My only concern is that the clor is rather "brown" and not red. This of course is in the fermenter. Not sure if its from all the yeast or waht, but it doesnt have any red color at all. Ill see once I get a hydro sample but wasnt sure if this was normal.
completely normal. This is a very deep red. have a light behind it and you'll see the red..

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raging! Then the party was over. :( typebrad Fermentation & Yeast 25 05-08-2014 05:48 PM
The Raging B*tch and El Diablo kansastransplantvictim Fermentation & Yeast 41 03-19-2012 04:31 PM
Raging Bitch WildGingerBrewing General Beer Discussion 14 07-24-2011 02:42 PM
Raging Dog IPA? Lando General Beer Discussion 2 08-08-2010 03:53 PM
Flying Dog Raging B*tch IPA Sedge Commercial Brew Discussion 3 01-28-2010 01:33 AM


Forum Jump