Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Kegerator Installation & Integration

Old 04-11-2011, 12:35 AM   #1
DigitalBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Kegerator Installation & Integration

Took only half a day, some elbow grease and one trip to home depot, but I managed to place it nicely in my kitchen where a cabinet used to be. Can't wait to actually have some of my next brew from it!

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/...20Integration/

Old 04-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
skibumdc
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Is that unit meant to be under-counter?
The reason some are rated for under-counter use is the fridge vents from the bottom, not the rear like ordinary refrigerators.
You will have a lot of heat build-up in the rear of that unit and eventual compressor failure unless vented properly.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Caboose
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 158

Nice work! Wish I could install one like that, but for some reason I dont think SWMBO would like me messing with HER kitchen!

Old 04-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
DigitalBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
Nice work! Wish I could install one like that, but for some reason I dont think SWMBO would like me messing with HER kitchen!
Thanks...yah I don't plan on getting married or having my girlfriend move in anytime soon so I could enjoy this for a while She still isn't too fond of my homebrewing though...she probably thinks it automatically means I'm going to turn into an alcoholic or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibumdc View Post
Is that unit meant to be under-counter?
The reason some are rated for under-counter use is the fridge vents from the bottom, not the rear like ordinary refrigerators.
You will have a lot of heat build-up in the rear of that unit and eventual compressor failure unless vented properly.
I looked into that very issue before installation. An HVAC tech (neighbor) in my building took a look and told me as long as I have a few inches in the back, and it's not directly up against the wall, I'll have sufficient space for it to "escape" and be okay. He also suggested I back out the big fridge a bit more to give it extra escape room from the side, since nothing is up against the kegerator on the left.
Caboose Likes This 
Old 04-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
mmurray
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Nice! With all that work how hard would it be to cut a 4" square hole in the bottom side of the cabinet to the right and install a computer fan to pull the cooler air from the adjacent cabinet and blow the hotter air across the compressor and out past the full size fridge?

Gulf Coast Brewers League

Old 04-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
blackls1ttop
Recipes 

Likes Given: 7

nice, i hope your going to install a tower cooler or your going to have some warm pours. also my haier ran like crap until i installed a circulation fan inside.