Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Birthday comming up
Old 04-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Birthday comming up

My wife asked what I wanted for my b-day and i said this

Is it a decent starter, she told me it has to be under $200. I'll be making a jockey box cause I can't pay $400 on ebay for one.

I will eventually go with a kegerator, but not quite yet. I'll also get some spare kegs for multi batching.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Not a bad setup for starting out, my advice would be to see if you can get a 5lb CO2 tank, it will be a lot more appropriate if you're planning on upgrading to more kegs. Also, if the keg isn't chilled, which is what I gathered from what you said, it's going to be a lot harder to carbonate the beer so again the larger tank could be useful. You are also going to need a longer serving hose if you're going the jockey box route, but if you're building your own box I'm sure you can manage the tubing.

I got my setup from that same supplier and was very happy, but I may also suggest looking into more local alternatives, that would allow you to get more product within your budget because you won't have to pay shipping costs!