Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Excited about my day!!

Old 04-09-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
Mosesdanger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Excited about my day!!

Well I have only really gotten in to the hobby in the last 3 months but i'm going on 8th batch. I work the weekends so most of the week I am not really doing anything but reading, music and brewing.

Today was a little different, SWMBO's car got totaled the other week and we went to get her a new one today. We did all the due diligence on that and then I went by my LHBS and got some bottles and a minikeg to deal with my english dark cream BUT I also am moving my MilkSteak stout to a secondary with a couple cups of Tellamore Dew Whiskey and vanilla beans today. Wait a minute....

Two open primaries!

I have been planning a Ginger and Coriander Saison for a nice light summer brew. I have most of the things I believe I want for it but I have been a little skiddish reading through the forums trying to find a good mix.

Hmm The sweet stout was using my favorite yeast wyeast 1084 and I have this nice big yeast cake. Im thinking about this while looking on my beeralchemy app on my phone (which syncs to your computer version for looking at recipies). I just decide "Lets put something on the 1084!"

Im doing a extra foreign stout that I tweaked from "O'Daniel's Foreign Extra Stout" for an extract batch. That is cooling as I type and the MilkSteak has already been racked to primary. Now to bottle!

Initially I was going to try to do the saison tonight as well but the beers are already flowing so that will be tomorrow.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:30 AM   #2
o4_srt
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Milksteak stout??? Classic! Any plans for a raw jellybean ale? Or a fullonrapist Belgian wit?

Conditioning: Muddy Paw Nut Brown Ale, Jump The Fence Independence Cream Ale

Old 04-09-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
FromZwolle
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesdanger View Post
I work the weekends so most of the week I am not really doing anything but reading, music and brewing.

sounds just about perfect to me.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
Mosesdanger
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by o4_srt View Post
Milksteak stout??? Classic! Any plans for a raw jellybean ale? Or a fullonrapist Belgian wit?
haha I like the Fullonrapist Belgian! Maybe could use it for planned belgian?

Ill try to post the label for it when I'm done bottling but on the side it says:

"The Irish MilkSteak is a vanilla cream stout produced with the finest hornerts honey, boiled over hard. Best served with jelly beans on the side, served raw."